• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

Of course, but the effects reach further than just creating racist Republicans, the Republican Party counts on polarized American politics along cultural/racial lines. The omnipresence of anti-black racism in American culture and politics makes it extraordinarily difficult to organize a labor movement, to galvanize underclass solidarity.

Yep. But that's always been the case. Poor white people have sided with wealthy white people at every stage in order to maintain those cultural/racial lines.

I did a search for Cori and found 3 posts from MBH, avalon, and MDMH about Cori Bush. That's it.

I'm not going to go through the AOC posts, but I can't think of any regular "liberal" posters who hate her.

Last edited:
Sorry if I wasn’t really clear, I meant friends who don’t really post here re: anti-squad sentiment. But the Project Lincoln and pro-billionaire Dem pres candidates are a bit more commonplace.

The whole Chappelle interview on the Letterman Netflix show was great but I particularly liked his line: “if we’re afraid about Russia weaponizing America’s racism against us, shouldn’t we treat racism like a matter of national security?”

Sorry if I wasn’t really clear, I meant friends who don’t really post here re: anti-squad sentiment. But the Project Lincoln and pro-billionaire Dem pres candidates are a bit more commonplace.

Speaking of, there’s a Vanity Fair profile of AOC out today. I haven’t finished but there are some good early quotes.

I started following Derek Anderson on Twitter back when he was on the Panthers and he would talk about working with Cam and had good info on what it was like to be a player in the league. Now he’s morphed into your QAnon Facebook uncle. He’s all over the latest Killary/Hunter Biden/Corona hoax/Save the children stuff. It’s kinda entertaining, yet frightening.

The whole Chappelle interview on the Letterman Netflix show was great but I particularly liked his line: “if we’re afraid about Russia weaponizing America’s racism against us, shouldn’t we treat racism like a matter of national security?”

Just watched it. It was good just like everything Chappelle does. All the stuff about his town was great. Made me want to visit. I didn't know he was regularly doing shows there.

I thought Letterman's angle was interesting. He starts out talking about how much he's kind of researched Chappelle to prepare for the interview. But he seemed to think Chappelle's reasons for leaving his show were still a mystery. Everyone found out it was the pixie sketch like a year later. It didn't seem like he had 8:46, even though he referenced it.

Dave Chappelle is one of the best in the business. Not just comedy. Show business in general. And he's only 47. I'm blown away that he's only a few years older than me.

JAnd he's only 47. I'm blown away that he's only a few years older than me.

The rare black celebrity that is not aging well. He’s pretty jacked from lifting, but all that smoking is really aging his face.

Just watched it. It was good just like everything Chappelle does. All the stuff about his town was great. Made me want to visit. I didn't know he was regularly doing shows there.

I thought Letterman's angle was interesting. He starts out talking about how much he's kind of researched Chappelle to prepare for the interview. But he seemed to think Chappelle's reasons for leaving his show were still a mystery. Everyone found out it was the pixie sketch like a year later. It didn't seem like he had 8:46, even though he referenced it.

Dave Chappelle is one of the best in the business. Not just comedy. Show business in general. And he's only 47. I'm blown away that he's only a few years older than me.

It is likely that Letterman was asking questions under the assumption that his audience hadn’t watched that stuff and didn’t know the answers to the questions, even though Letterman himself knew the answers.

Yeah. That makes sense. I was watching from the position of a Chappelle fan. Makes sense that a Letterman fan wouldn’t know.

haven't seen the bit yet, but Yellow Springs is an interesting place

stopped through for lunch one time and ran into Chappelle on the sidewalk

CheapAptHoopoe-size_restricted.gif

Corbyn suspended from the Labour party. Goddamn they quite literally purging the leftists from the party.

added "The Triumph of Injustice" to the must read then

The AOC Vanity Fair story was good. One interesting piece was when she was asked about her future.

———

Despite the base level of ego required to run for any office, Ocasio-Cortez seems uncomfortable with the mania about her future. “I think it’s part of our cultural understanding of politics, where—if you think someone is great, you automatically think they should be president,” she says. “I joke. I’m like, ‘Is Congress not good enough?’ ”

Her aspirations are a matter of endless speculation: New York Senate, House leadership, a Cabinet post? “I don’t know if I’m really going to be staying in the House forever, or if I do stay in the House, what that would look like,” she says. “I don’t see myself really staying where I’m at for the rest of my life.” This is one of the few times AOC seems guarded and cautious about her words. “I don’t want to aspire to a quote-unquote higher position just for the sake of that title or just for the sake of having a different or higher position. I truly make an assessment to see if I can be more effective. And so, you know, I don’t know if I could necessarily be more effective in an administration, but, for me that’s always what the question comes down to.

———

AOC for Labor Secretary?

Back