• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

Also now I'm trying to imagine the personification of karma

I bet Mahayana already has some diety tied to/responsible for it

I’m looking forward to the woman politician from the class of 2020 who Republicans will hate even more than they hate AOC.

I’m looking forward to the woman politician from the class of 2020 who Republicans will hate even more than they hate AOC.

We’re bound to elect a transgender rep at some point.

Danica Roem seems like a possibility except that she’s in Wexton’s district.

Kind of crazy that Roem beat a long time Pub anti-LGBT incumbent and then won easily the next year.

Political Chat Thread - All Topics & Rants Welcome

deleted cause haas

I saw something this morning that a Biden win could result in a Gillibrand cabinet post leaving Cuomo free to appoint AOC to replace the empty Senate seat.

I saw something this morning that a Biden win could result in a Gillibrand cabinet post leaving Cuomo free to appoint AOC to replace the empty Senate seat.

I saw that Biden isn’t going to appoint any Senators to cabinet positions because it’s not worth the risk.

$120 estimate for a PCP visit. Private Health insurance FTW

Political Chat Thread - All Topics & Rants Welcome

What do you think the cost should be?

I don’t think there should be financial
transactions between patients and health care providers. The actual cost of providing the service should be determined by negotiations between government run health care programs and their labor unions of health care workers Those costs should then passed on to Americans through an extremely progressive income and wealth tax.

Yeah I mean that's a fine political non-answer. I was just curious since it costs like 75 dollars for a guy to come look at like a broken AC or such. I don't think service should be tied to what someone is able to pay because I believe healthcare is a basic right. That said in the way healthcare is currently run (it shouldnt be run this way), 120 isn't the worst price.

not gonna lie, if there's a big Democrat victory tonight then I'm defs enjoying the conservative defeat a billion more times than I'm enjoying the Dem win, so I guess that puts me on the own the neocons side of things

Also somewhere in the system needs to be a disincentive to go have a doctor check out a papercut.

Also somewhere in the system needs to be a disincentive to go have a doctor check out a papercut.

It'd be much better for the overall healthcare system if those tiny percentage of hypochondriac people end up at a PCP office or urgent care rather than the ED

“Over-utilization” of health care is capitalist propaganda - something that rarely
occurs, and only occurs among the oldest and wealthiest people, people who aren’t disincentivized by up front costs. The people who are most affected and discouraged by health care costs are the people who should be encouraged the most to receive preventive care, and be kept well informed of their health.

Yeah I mean that's a fine political non-answer. I was just curious since it costs like 75 dollars for a guy to come look at like a broken AC or such.

That’s not fair - I answered it as best as I know how. Asking me to ballpark the actual cost is unreasonable, because I’m a layman. All I have to go on is my past experience with health insurance benefits, and my knowledge of others health insurance benefits. It’s very common to have a $20 copay for a PCP visit without any labs. Perhaps my estimate was incorrect?

Back