• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

"If the people of Gondor and Rohan really want to reclaim their lost glory, Tucker, they've got to start understanding and catering to the orcs and uruk-hai of Mordor and Isengard. Those people are the real clay and heart of Middle Earth, you know? They've been hurting since their evil God Sauron's downfall and these arrogant know-it-all human elites just keep looking down their noses at them. They're the best monsters, the finest monsters. And they'd never launch an assault on Gondor to kill everybody there, it's just human hyperbole and exaggeration to think that. We just need to understand and sympathize with them better and they'll come around, trust me on this, Tucker."

Just learned that he funded these anti-marijuana ads in FL.

will-the-new-face-of-date-rape-look-like-a-22679343.png

Riding around Trump county.

Radio stations seem to be 95+ percent either Christian music, preaching, or conservative talk shows.

Decided to listen to Rush just to see what he’s saying. It’s been a good while since I last listened to him.

Voice seems higher pitched and nasally compared to the past...perhaps related to his hearing loss.

He’s still the same lying blowhard, just now a total Trump shill.

And putting together all the crap on the radio...it seems it’s all about selling a worldview where there’s a very high degree of certitude and stoking of fears of others.

Makes sense, about what you’d expect.

Just very sad.

He was on in my barbershop once. Never really listened before, had only heard snippets. The straight up bile and hate he was spewing about "the libs" was almost surreal... like I really thought he was gonna slip and say "these f***ots" cause it sounded like he really wanted to.

But Democrats need to stop being so divisive.

Isn't it interesting that the people who hate government the most are also the ones who have religious reverence for the "Founding Fathers" and the Constitution that established this government? Yet the people harmed the most by this government are committed to trying to make it work for everyone.

Political Chat Thread - All Topics & Rants Welcome

Isn't it interesting that the people who hate government the most are also the ones who have religious reverence for the "Founding Fathers" and the Constitution that established this government? Yet the people harmed the most by this government are committed to trying to make it work for everyone.

Our culture and system of education embed within us as children a half-ignorant reverence for the founders, it’s our everyday lives as adults that make us hate the government. Not very confusing how those two ideas would be differentiated for some.

Isn't it interesting that the people who hate government the most are also the ones who have religious reverence for the "Founding Fathers" and the Constitution that established this government?

They embrace the Founders’ notion of a limited government and hate the regulatory state that the federal government has become. Perfectly consistent ideas, really.

The Constitution is the biggest move towards "big government" in this country's history. And we've kept the framework even as the country has gotten bigger and the rights of citizenship has broadened. Anybody knows that as an organization grows in size, purpose, and aspirations, it requires more infrastructure, rules, and enforcement. This country started with limited government because it was a small new country that restricted the rights of citizenship to a small group of people. It was a start up that grew into a global enterprise. Of course it wasn't going to keep the same structure.

Your response doesn't really address the issue though. You're a business conservative type. You want a government that serves wealth and property over people. That's not the gripe I'm talking about. I'm talking about people who have disdain for democracy, three branches of government, checks and balances. People who complain government can't get anything done but worship the system of government we have.

Last edited:
They embrace the Founders’ notion of a limited government and hate the regulatory state that the federal government has become. Perfectly consistent ideas, really.

Oh yes a "limited" government that enforced the slavery of millions and restricted voting rights to only the wealthy land owning white male elites. Those are massive government regulations that we would violently resist today. The early "limited" government of the United States is a myth.

Also which antebellum government was ideal? 1781? 1789? 1800? 1803? 1823? 1832? 1845? 1860? Because each of those years saw one or more branches of the U.S. government dramatically expand its powers.

The real answer is that most conservatives know the same amount about our Constitution and its heritage as they do the Bible. And that is jack shit. They hold these documents up as canon, but they don't have a goddamn clue what is inside of them. Because a vast majority of 2021 Conservatives are ignorant, bigoted children. Who want to act like shitheads and have talked themselves into believing the Bible and the Constitution give them that right. I'm a Poli Sci major who teaches HS social studies, so not a political or religious expert, and it astonishes me how little conservatives know about the shit they claim to hold dear.

except the founders didn't really have a limited government; it was just proportional to the size of the people it had to govern. all the same fucking rules are in there.

The GOP loves vague ideals that they can virtue signal about and claim moral superiority. The founders, the unborn, the menace of the others. They can gaslight and strawman off of these vague concepts to the end of the day. When these things become actual real life threats and people and issues to be dealt with then that would actually require government response and things get dirty. They don't like that at all.

When you were fetching your water from a well and taking a shit either in the outhouse or out in the woods, the need for a governmental regulatory framework was not nearly as sophisticated

Last edited:
Political Chat Thread - All Topics & Rants Welcome

A perfect example of someone’s political self identity not matching their ideology. Let me guess, all your professional peers are stodgy old Republicans, and you’re more liberal than they are?

The real answer is that most conservatives know the same amount about our Constitution and its heritage as they do the Bible. And that is jack shit. They hold these documents up as canon, but they don't have a goddamn clue what is inside of them. Because a vast majority of 2021 Conservatives are ignorant, bigoted children. Who want to act like shitheads and have talked themselves into believing the Bible and the Constitution give them that right. I'm a Poli Sci major who teaches HS social studies, so not a political or religious expert, and it astonishes me how little conservatives know about the shit they claim to hold dear.

Lulz - Yet another educator molding young hearts and minds under the guise of their preferred lefty ideology.

Seems to be a familiar theme around these parts.

Back