• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

43E59xI.png

lol the rym reviews are great

the right might be getting better at comedy but jfc they have a long way to go elsewhere -- Chicago FOP lodge just posted this song on social media

I love the parts where he sings about all those statues coming down, followed by images of the US flag. He does know that nearly all of those statues are of Confederate secessionists who bailed on the US flag for the Confederate one, right?

I love the parts where he sings about all those statues coming down, followed by images of the US flag. He does know that nearly all of those statues are of Confederate secessionists who bailed on the US flag for the Confederate one, right?

1)It's perfectly normal for a Chicago resident to be emotionally invested in the presence of Confederate monuments.
2)His reference to "a Springsteen song" makes me think he is one of those people who think "Born in the USA" is patriotic.

1)It's perfectly normal for a Chicago resident to be emotionally invested in the presence of Confederate monuments.
2)His reference to "a Springsteen song" makes me think he is one of those people who think "Born in the USA" is patriotic.

He the one, who likes all our pretty songs
and he likes to sing along
and he likes to shoot his gun
but he knows not what it means...

On 2, I think he says he stopped singing along to Springsteen songs.

Regardless, JH cried when he heard it.

lol good god that Aaron Lewis song is just the most base pandering. I also liked that every 10 seconds there was a random
Black guy staring at the screen. “AM I THE ONLY ONE, willing to scream, at my kids school board meeting?!, am I the only one, willing to run, black joggers away, with my loaded gun?! the only one? Please tell
me no! There are no gays in my favorite tv show! Can’t you see?! BLM is killing me, it’s true! Taking a shit on the red and blue, and white, we won’t go down without a fight. They say we’re paranoid! I say the troops should be deployed! In the hood. I really think it would do some good

A white guy can do Randy Watson without blackface. A good wig and outfit makes it work. Blackface bad. Character choice good.

Political Chat Thread - All Topics & Rants Welcome

Another Virginia politician does blackface…
Couldn't find a political affiliation…
Hard to say that dumbass whites are properly discouraged from doing black face when you just elected one as governor. That guy is lucky he didn’t go as a leftist for Halloween. Virginians much more offended by Medicare for All and a wealth tax.

Political Chat Thread - All Topics & Rants Welcome

Considering that many/most of us didn’t have proper black history education in school, many of us didn’t even learn about minstrelsy and black face until we were adults. Some friends and I wore all black paint to a homecoming football game once with letters painted on our chest because black was one of our school colors. Plenty of black students and teachers around and no one said a word to us. That was 20 years ago. We weren’t portraying black people, but there’s no way we could have done that now.

Jesus fucking Christ, black people know the difference between body paint at a game and blackface.

Jesus fucking Christ, black people know the difference between body paint at a game and blackface.

Not the point. In 2002 I didn’t know it was even *potentially* offensive, nor was I worried about it being filmed or photographed and going viral. For better or for worse, the potential for being “cancelled” has made society much more conscientious and considerate of perceptions - which makes adults wearing black face and then claiming ignorance in 2021 all the more ridiculous.

Not the point. In 2002 I didn’t know it was even *potentially* offensive, nor was I worried about it being filmed or photographed and going viral. For better or for worse, the potential for being “cancelled” has made society much more conscientious and considerate of perceptions - which makes adults wearing black face and then claiming ignorance in 2021 all the more ridiculous.

It's also made it ridiculous that people need to worry about painting black letters on their chest.

See my post above.

Of course they do, but if someone were to show up at our game Saturday, painted black from head to toe, with a gold "WF" on his chest, I'm sure someone would say it's offensive and has no place in society.

Just wanted to add that people should not paint their bodies any color for sporting events. Truly distasteful.

Back