• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

I’m fascinated to see what happens to the MAGA people that previously identified as republicans but fairly passively but are now all in on Trump if he loses. Do they flock to whoever the next carnival barker is? Do they fall in line with Cotton/Hawley types?

Trump has unquestionably harnessed some energy that wasn’t there before- is that tied to him specifically, can his template be repeated, is the energy just here now, or do those folks just kinda revert back to being whatever they were before?

That energy is tied to greed and xenophobia. That’s not going anywhere. Trump just showed that you can publicly pander to it. That energy is there to be harnessed for the next pub candidate that is deplorable enough to do so.

I personally hope that RvW is overturned and pregnant daughters start popping up at Forsyth Country Day and around Buena Vista and Sherwood Forest. I’ll laugh and laugh

They’ll just get abortions.

No no don’t you see? By outlawing this form of birth control the teen daughters of fervent anti-liberal republicans will have their babies and their parents will joyously and lovingly accept this new life into their homes and their communities, and their liberal-hating friends at Forsyth and Old Town clubs will applaud their dedication to life and attend the wedding of their 16 year old sons to these girls.

After the first few of these scenarios unfold, the rest if the girls and boys in the community will take notice and stop having sex before marriage, and the problem will be resolved.

Yeah...something like that.

Scarlet-banner.jpg

Just saw a Trump ad that had Netanyahu in it which seems.... unusual?

It also stated that Trump had been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.

No jelly ad yet!

Glad to see the Biden ads during the game. Seems like a no-brainer to run ads during a matchup between swing state schools. ACC Network ads seem pretty cheap to air anyway.

Just saw a Trump ad that had Netanyahu in it which seems.... unusual?

It also stated that Trump had been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.

No jelly ad yet!

He was nominated for the UAE recognizing Israel.

What did Trump, specifically, do to broker peace? And is it even peace? None of these countries are at war with Israel.

It was an alt right Norwegian guy. It’s just funny because Trump hasn’t done shit and basically anyone can be nominated but they’re acting like it’s the biggest deal in the world.

It was an alt right Norwegian guy. It’s just funny because Trump hasn’t done shit and basically anyone can be nominated but they’re acting like it’s the biggest deal in the world.

Reminds me of Wake fans getting hyped that some top 150 recruit was nominated as a McDonalds All-American.

Shouldn’t people from Israel or UAE be nominated?

Right, it's a PR stunt to appeal to a reality TV president who desperately wants everything his predecessor has.

Remember he was also nominated in 2018 by Matt Gaetz and his buddies.

I saw something the other day that at least one of the nominations was under investigation for being a forgery.

Also, who says selling F-35s to a foreign power isn't brokering peace!

So the market tanking because coronavirus is still a thing? It is crazy that in this country we just move to acceptance relatively fast. Like people still dying, check. People still being infected at a very high level, check. Lots of people still not comfortable doing normal things and therefore dragging the economy, check. No helpful legislation or stimulus, check. Lots of people struggling when it comes to food, housing, unemployment, check.

I saw something the other day that at least one of the nominations was under investigation for being a forgery.

Also, who says selling F-35s to a foreign power isn't brokering peace!

I'm guessing "John Barron"?

Its not like we're not practiced at looking the other way at large amounts of death. Columbine, Parkland, Las Vegas...

Back