• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

What are your thoughts on how M4A polls? Do you believe that that over the next 5 to 10 to 20 years that M4A will become a more mainstream and realistic plank for either party? Already the pull from the left on the M4A issue has gotten the Republicans to make "concessions" that would have been unthinkable on the health care front in 2010.

Not to speak for him, but I think the polling on M4A is particularly and uniquely difficult to poll, because it's very clear that people have no idea what it actually is. The name itself is super popular. Opinions on the policy itself are much less clear, and depending on how you frame the policies and possible trade offs, you can get pretty different answers.

Can't wait for the great OGB defamation/libel battle (spoiler: whoever sues for defamation/libel will lose). Also to be fair he didn't say here that you "drug and sexually assault women" just that you're a quick text away from getting some roofies. Not particularly civil, but also as far as the boards go I'd say a step below making actual threats about real life (which has seen some suspensions on here before).
Much more than the nonsense RJ got suspended for. Not that I support suspending Brasky because I have a life.

Last edited:
Ok snowflake, I know who you are too bud. Which makes this sexually aggressive tough guy schtick even more comical.

Maybe some of these guys are gonna let you blow off steam by calling them losers and making accusations about the appearance of their loved ones, but I’m not that guy. I’ll call you out for the douchebag you are acting like.

Uh huh...

I will personally help finance the facilitation of said moves. If anyone here wants to follow suit, please DM me and I will contribute up to $5k to any OGB poster’s move who proves that they are moving out of the US and renouncing their citizenship.

I am 100% serious.

up to? also why?

Can't wait for the great OGB defamation/libel battle (spoiler: whoever sues for defamation/libel will lose). Also to be fair he didn't say here that you "drug and sexually assault women" just that you're a quick text away from getting some roofies. Not particularly civil, but also as far as the boards go I'd say a step below making actual threats about real life (which has seen some suspensions on here before).

If someone accuses you to buying drugs which are used to incapacitate and rape women, I will 100% of the time take that to real life. That is an accusation of one of the worst things someone could possibly do. I’m an asshole to you guys because someone needs to be, but I’d never accuse any of you of rape/murder/pedophilia/etc. Mostly because it’s not true. If I did, I’d expect real world blowback. That’s reality.

Debt free but has rental properties? You bought them with cash? Why?

I did that at 5:30 this morning. I assume you were sleeping?

Political Chat Thread - All Topics & Rants Welcome

Debt free but has rental properties? You bought them with cash? Why?

I didn’t when I bought them 8 years ago. Incredible what you can do in a short period of time with diligent work. And, somehow, I still find time to work out daily. What’s your excuse?

Last edited:

If someone accuses you to buying drugs which are used to incapacitate and rape women, I will 100% of the time take that to real life. That is an accusation of one of the worst things someone could possibly do. I’m an asshole to you guys because someone needs to be, but I’d never accuse any of you of rape/murder/pedophilia/etc. Mostly because it’s not true. If I did, I’d expect real world blowback. That’s reality.

Maybe if you didn’t act like such a stereotypical meathead, people wouldn’t accuse you of such behavior.

But hey man, feel free to call your attorney. Which I’m sure you have on retainer because... (oops almost did it again!)

I’m sure a throwaway accusation of knowing a drug dealer who could enable sexual impropriety, posted on a message board of anonymous people is going to be something lawyers are lining up to take to trial.

In fact I know a local attorney you can contact, who I’ve had sex with :wink: because she is my wife.

Maybe if you didn’t act like such a stereotypical meathead, people wouldn’t accuse you of such behavior.

But hey man, feel free to call your attorney. Which I’m sure you have on retainer because... (oops almost did it again!)

I’m sure a throwaway accusation of knowing a drug dealer who could enable sexual impropriety, posted on a message board of anonymous people is going to be something lawyers are lining up to take to trial.

Why does one buy roofies, Brasky? The only reason is to rape someone. Stop back-peddling. You know exactly the weight and meaning attached to that and are trying to slither away from it.

I appreciate the offer, but she married you. I’d prefer an attorney who is sufficiently competent.

i'm trying to suss out DG3's "100% serious" offer since I'm trying to leave the country within 5 years, if we could get back to that

Not to speak for him, but I think the polling on M4A is particularly and uniquely difficult to poll, because it's very clear that people have no idea what it actually is. The name itself is super popular. Opinions on the policy itself are much less clear, and depending on how you frame the policies and possible trade offs, you can get pretty different answers.

Let's clarify this list (based on our best guesses).

Things that are popular:

low or no premiums and deductibles
high quality care
zero cost at point of service
no medical bankruptcies
removing the link between employment and access to care

Things that aren't popular:

working with an insurance company on a medical charge
being forced to change doctors or hospitals

Speaking to the economic pragmatists in the thread, what do you make of our society where there are innumerable important jobs and careers which don't pay a living wage and don't provide upward mobility. Do you even acknowledge the unfairness of capitalism there, or do you just chalk it all up to Republican intransigence?

Think of all the helpful and more humanitarian aimed careers you could have chosen that would pay less than you make now. How do you consider the people who fill those careers? Do they deserve less economic security than you? Should their precarity be dependent upon the charitableness of whomever is in office?

Why does one buy roofies, Brasky? The only reason is to rape someone. Stop back-peddling. You know exactly the weight and meaning attached to that and are trying to slither away from it.

I appreciate the offer, but she married you. I’d prefer an attorney who is sufficiently competent.

Alright dude I’m done. I have enough FOX newsers in my family who jump on every opportunity to feel aggrieved.

My final piece of advice is to stop acting like a shithead, and then people will stop thinking you are one.

Speaking to the economic pragmatists in the thread, what do you make of our society where there are innumerable important jobs and careers which don't pay a living wage and don't provide upward mobility. Do you even acknowledge the unfairness of capitalism there, or do you just chalk it all up to Republican intransigence?

Think of all the helpful and more humanitarian aimed careers you could have chosen that would pay less than you make now. How do you consider the people who fill those careers? Do they deserve less economic security than you? Should their precarity be dependent upon the charitableness of whomever is in office?

Sorry, not a reply to this, but my question about property ownership was sincere. I’d genuinely like to hear about that. Feel free to PM if you don’t wanna clutter up the tread.

Back