• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

the notion that people should just be spending their entire lives striving for more and more money is depressing and dumb. People shouldn't waste their lives and talents fighting against artificial scarcity.

Not going to dig into that last post of DG3s - but I do have just a general confusion with that mindset. Is there room.in your economic worldview for people who like their job, and are good at their job to be paid fairly for it? My understanding of your mindset is that the economy.is just this huge game of musical chairs, where the only point of professionalism is to make the most money possible. Honestly that just seems fucking stupid. In your worldview, who do you want to be your nurse in the hospital? To take care of your children in daycare? So far, you've described that level of professions as undeserving of respect - such that the people who do those jobs are lazy or not driven enough to deserve material comfort. If a childcare provider needs more money, they should just start a business - no matter that they might be a great childcare provider.

That's what I absolutely don't understand about that mindset. People who are good at their jobs and like their jobs should be valued because they make our society better. I dont want everybody to start a fucking business, no matter how easy you might say it is to do.

yeah that other poster said if short order cooks or something made as much as his wife, who was a teacher, then she would quit teaching go become a short order cook and her masters degree was a waste. head-scratcher

the notion that people should just be spending their entire lives striving for more and more money is depressing and dumb. People shouldn't waste their lives and talents fighting against artificial scarcity.

Kahneman suggests happiness plateaus at $75k. Basically if all your primary needs are met, there’s no longer a linear line for more money and more happiness.

Lmao Dems keep on keeping on

Kahneman suggests happiness plateaus at $75k. Basically if all your primary needs are met, there’s no longer a linear line for more money and more happiness.

Fucking pissed 100 Dems just voted against AOC's "Happy Times" bill that guaranteed everyone is paid at least 75k a year.

This thread has the largest assholes on the board genially chatting and Shoo is like, must defend Establishment and also be an even bigger dick!

I don’t get this riff either

Is the joke that it’s outlandish that we shouldn’t be recruiting children off Xbox to go join the Army

they put "twitch ban" before "make kids in HS take ASVAB test and install recruiters in high schools"?

Back