• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

Per those tabulations Harris is more Progressive than Sanders, so that 8% isn't even indicative of being a Centrist. What's bullshit is y'all's aimless bitching about everything without ever getting anything accomplished.

Drop the sarcasm and answer the questions.

The proletariat has to take control of the Democratic Party from the middle class, and the rich have to be politically marginalized - voters and politicians. As long as the "big tent" party is immobilized by economic conservatives its nearly irrelevant. Current Democratic leadership is so powerless in this party that it only serves as a placeholder between Republican administrations. The conservative wing has to be jettisoned.

So what's the problem? A party line voter is one of the most progressive voters.

Kamala votes with Bernie 92% of the time. That 8% is the difference between a progressive icon and a centrist?

Per those tabulations Harris is more Progressive than Sanders, so that 8% isn't even indicative of being a Centrist. What's bullshit is y'all's aimless bitching about everything without ever getting anything accomplished.

again, voting records don't determine ideology - because 1. not all ideology comes up for vote.
2. Voting "with" the Democratic party isn't progressive, because the party isn't progressive. That'd be like calling yourself Italian because your office gets Olive Garden takeout for lunch

Said supporters of a candidate the couldn't break the upper 30s and a movement that has been completely unable to flip a seat.

You guys are all hat and no cattle.

buddy, you brought up the Dems shitty electoral record. Why bring it up if you're going to get so defensive about it? It's not our fault that it hurt your point.

Voting records don't determine ideology, yet you guys freak out at some meaningless virtue signal vote that has no chance of passing.

Voting records don't determine ideology, yet you guys freak out at some meaningless virtue signal vote that has no chance of passing.

Exactly. MDMH, what do you want and how to you accomplish it without defeating Republicans at the ballot box?

So what's the problem? A party line voter is one of the most progressive voters.

Sorry man, I guess I shouldn't care as much about wanting Dems to support limiting the Patriot Act , or cutting the Defense budget. Instead, what I should be concerned with is how consistently Kamala Harris is present in thr Senate chamber to rename post offices. That's how you really know a progressive, by how often they vote, not what they vote for.

buddy, you brought up the Dems shitty electoral record. Why bring it up if you're going to get so defensive about it? It's not our fault that it hurt your point.
Well you claim to offer a better way but the guy you championed was an abject failure who couldn't drive the vote and you're only victories are cannibalizing democratic stronghold seats. your movement isnt expanding control at all.

Well you claim to offer a better way but the guy you championed was an abject failure who couldn't drive the vote and you're only victories are cannibalizing democratic stronghold seats. your movement isnt expanding control at all.
Sorry about us cannibalizing those stronghold seats, I know Elliot Engel meant a great deal to you.

Defeating Eliot Engel doesn't make the Democratic party more powerful or help it pass legislation. You have to defeat Republicans to make that happen, and that always seems to be at the bottom of your wish list.

again, voting records don't determine ideology - because 1. not all ideology comes up for vote.
2. Voting "with" the Democratic party isn't progressive, because the party isn't progressive. That'd be like calling yourself Italian because your office gets Olive Garden takeout for lunch

But when you’re at the Olive Garden, you’re family, and therefore Italian, at least for the duration of the meal.

Defeating Eliot Engel doesn't make the Democratic party more powerful or help it pass legislation. You have to defeat Republicans to make that happen, and that always seems to be at the bottom of your wish list.
Seems weird for you to make another reference to Democrats winning, you know, considering their record.

It should be very clear, as I've repeated it a million times, I would much rather a progressive candidate lose than a moderate Democrat lose. No question.

Seems weird for you to make another reference to Democrats winning, you know, considering their record.
Well the system is stacked against the Democrats and even though they've won the popular vote in every presidential election but one since 1988 and outvote Republicans in House and Senate races they still have a structural disadvantage that keep Republicans in control of at least one house of government. They also have to deal with arrogant pie in the sky clowns on the left who don't understand politics.

You don't have any answers. You just like to complain.

You don't have any answers. You just like to complain.

I must have missed your answers. Is there a thread for political answers where you post your answers? I'm only familiar with the threads where you incessantly bitch about Republicans and piss on progressive ideals

Last edited:
I must have missed your answers. Is there a thread for political answers where you post your answers? I'm only familiar with the threads where you incessantly bitch about Republicans and piss on progressive ideals
Supporting Democrats versus Republicans. Not supporting people who trash the presidential candidate and try to start third parties during an election season. I do bitch about clowns like you and Townie because it seems like you really secretly want Trump to win again or wouldn't really mind if he did. That rhetoric creates an environment that helps the right wing and plays right into their talking points.

Supporting Democrats versus Republicans.
Vote for Democrats
Not supporting people who trash the presidential candidate and try to start third parties during an election season.
Bitch about Nina Turner online?rhetoric creates an environment that helps the right wing and plays right into their talking points.
Don't criticize Democrats
Brilliant strategy, Chris. Did RJ help you with this plan? Its reassuring that the two of you have this surefire plan to keep Republicans out of office. Interesting that it only seems to involve voting and posting, but i'm confident it will work.

Last edited:
Love to create a rhetorical environment that helps the right wing win on OG boards dot com

Welp, y’all carry on...I get to make another quick trip to SC this afternoon.

Back