• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

Just want to go on record that despite my constant criticism of Speaker Pelosi as an old battle axe that should take her sorry ass back to California and retire already....
Going to Taiwan took balls.....Hats Off Speaker Pelosi, maybe there is hope for you yet.

Taiwan and Ukraine in the same year

WHY ARE THE TAXPAYERS PAYING FOR THESE TRIPS ABROAD WHILE HER HUSBAND IS DRIVING DRUNK IN NAPA ?

She should stay home, stay sober, and drive her drunk husband home like a good wife !!!

So Griner has been found guilty and prosecutors have asked for 9.5 years prison, based on a 10-year max.

If I'm Putin, there's no way she gets out until after the 2024 election without a serious bounty.

Meanwhile a 61-year old American teacher with a bad back, who teaches the kids of American diplomats, just got 14 years hard labor in Russia penal colony for bringing medical marijuana into the country. He had 20 grams, compared to Griner's 0.79 grams

https://www.nbc15.com/2022/07/26/us-teacher-sentenced-14-years-traveling-russia-with-cannabis/

stop taking weed to russia, idiots

Yeah, I'm sweating it our flying out of Denver with a few gummies when I know I'm not going to even raise an eyebrow and these idiots are flying into fucking Russia and going through customs and then bitching at Biden for not getting them home or exchanging the Merchant of Death fast enough to get their junkie asses home. This teacher is going to be breaking rocks in the hot sun till the day he dies. Hope it was worth it.

Economists thought today’s job report would be minimal job growth and the same unemployment rate. Instead we gained over 500K jobs and the unemployment rate is back to the pre pandemic 50 year low.

The same people who keep going on and on about recession stay wrong about the jobs report almost every month.

This is bad news for Biden ! Full employment could cause further inflation.

This "recession" with record low unemployment and the stock market ticking up?

So this climate bill passing is a pretty big win for the Dems, right?

So basically all you needed was to call manchin an obstructionist really?

It's almost as if they had to make a deal with Big Coal's guy in order to get the bigger bill passed.
https://www.brookings.edu/blog/plan...and-gas-provisions-are-a-worthwhile-tradeoff/

The fossil fuel demand-reducing portions of the bill work at cross purposes with the fossil fuel leasing provisions. It’s an odd way to write legislation, but if that’s what it takes to pass the most important climate bill ever, so be it. As I’ve written before, ending U.S. oil and gas production is not the way to reduce U.S. greenhouse gas emissions. The world has plenty of oil and gas (even though it doesn’t feel that way right now) and the United States will import whatever it doesn’t produce, perhaps from countries with lower environmental standards and higher greenhouse gas emissions profiles than our own. Fighting fossil fuel demand is the way to lower emissions, and this bill does just that.

Back