• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

Dems could just try policies that make crime go down

Political Chat Thread - All Topics & Rants Welcome

It’s the same nonsense that never works in the midterms.

Cutting student loan debt is basically a massive tax cut aimed at Democrat base voters and persuadable voters. Fighting it using Republican talking points is absurd.

Last edited:
Same week as Dem leadership shot down an amendment to the Trump rule capping the $ limit Americans can send to family members in Cuba. Without the specter of Big Bad Trump in 2022, what message do the Dems even have anymore? If we can't convince the GOP to be good again, we'll just be the GOP we want them to be?

E7ZeBAwVkAIeukm

It’s the same nonsense that never works in the midterms.

Cutting student loan debt is basically a massive tax cut aimed at Democrat base voters and persuadable voters. Fighting it using Republican talking points is absurd.

That is not what those words mean.

Explain the policy argument for having educated people who have benefited (arguably) from this existing government program, and who will singularly collect its rewards in their individual cases, then shift the costs of their gains to people who didn't get the chance to go to college.

I don't have a problem with an increased forgiveness programs for people that go into lower compensation jobs like teaching, law enforcement, nursing and the military, but what sense does it make for MessageBoardDeac04 to go 100,000 in federal debt to get a six figure job to be able to walk away from that responsibility?

True, its not a tax cut. Its more akin to a raise, or at the least, an increase in disposable income.

But, its the republican way. Not sure why Democrats are so scared of it.

If it helps, jh, refer to Leviticus 25-26. The debt jubilee is something the Western world has done for millennia.

What crime? They don't see any crime. Please stop talking about the crime that definitely isn't happening.

there is no crime. it is simply people stopping by like a tourist visit.

you should know this

It sounds like DC has a whole lot of murderers on the loose. Something makes me think those murders aren't the first crimes they ever committed. Maybe they should look into their court and prison systems to keep people safe. If it means less money for police, so be it.

It sounds like DC has a whole lot of murderers on the loose. Something makes me think those murders aren't the first crimes they ever committed. Maybe they should look into their court and prison systems to keep people safe. If it means less money for police, so be it.

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/...-2021/65-fad6f3f9-c527-49b5-b949-c8231373d265

WASHINGTON — In 2020, homicides in D.C. hit a 16-year high. If current trends continue, 2021 could be even deadlier.

D.C. Police data reports a 43% increase in homicides from the same time last year, with 2021 totaling 63 as of April 28, compared to 44 on this date in 2020.

This is a pretty good Trump troll:

What crime? They don't see any crime. Please stop talking about the crime that definitely isn't happening.

there is no crime. it is simply people stopping by like a tourist visit.

you should know this

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/...-2021/65-fad6f3f9-c527-49b5-b949-c8231373d265

WASHINGTON — In 2020, homicides in D.C. hit a 16-year high. If current trends continue, 2021 could be even deadlier.

D.C. Police data reports a 43% increase in homicides from the same time last year, with 2021 totaling 63 as of April 28, compared to 44 on this date in 2020.

I think I brought up crime in DC, actually. I live in NW DC, a 16 year old was murdered at the elementary school across the street from my house. You guys don't need me though, or anyone else, to create your talking points I see. And when someone does engage on something you prefer to talk past what they say rather than engage.

Back