• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

Political Chat Thread - All Topics & Rants Welcome

That’s a great clip from Beto. I liked the poetry of shot of the heckler in overalls sulking being blocked by another older white guy maybe a veteran standing and applauding.

Last edited:
now he just needs to do it in a debate with Abbott, and should've done it when running against Cruz in 2018

Republicans seem to be clinging to the economy and an outraged base. Both could turn for them. The month-to-month inflation rate from June to July was 0.0%. Job numbers are great. Dems could establish a narrative that inflation is because wage gains under Biden are outpacing global productivity. Americans are making more money before the global supply chain could catch up.

Now they're relying on outrage about the FBI search warrant, but it's only a matter of time before a hammer drops on Trump that will cause enough Republicans to backtrack which could decrease turnout.

Obviously, much of the GOP base will be outraged about something, but they're going to shed support by relying on outrage about the 2020 election and outdated issues. Here's an example of how Republicans are trying to get people outraged about old shit. Are they really trying to run the 2021 Virginia playbook a year later?

298119961_10225413590880279_878396332648708270_n.jpg

you'd think Republicans would finally use this to just fully coalesce around DeSantis. I'd imagine with a united front he'd be very difficult to beat in 2024. and DeSantis could even run on pardoning Trump as his first act in office.

If the economy improves and the left doesn't shoot itself in the foot like they often do, then they should be tough to beat.

Several House incumbents are running against Republicans whose primary goals are some combination of returning Trump to power and ending abortion.

you'd think Republicans would finally use this to just fully coalesce around DeSantis. I'd imagine with a united front he'd be very difficult to beat in 2024. and DeSantis could even run on pardoning Trump as his first act in office.

Trump's ego won't let that happen.

Trump's ego won't let that happen.

Yeah but if he get locked up or dies, that shift would be immediate. That’s what I think many Republicans are hoping for. They’ll have to stop playing along and can publicly shift to DeSantis without pissing off the base.

Yeah but if he get locked up or dies, that shift would be immediate. That’s what I think many Republicans are hoping for. They’ll have to stop playing along and can publicly shift to DeSantis without pissing off the base.

oh definitely. And I think a lot of republican politicians would prefer the latter just so they can use him as a symbol rather than an actual person.

I mean they'll follow what Fox News does, and Fox News was all in on Trump from what I could tell yesterday

Dem strategists should be focusing on winning the House instead of hoping that Republicans will lose

Just a thought

Back