• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best Fast Food Fry?

McDonald’s best overall. Checkers p good too but haven’t had since I was a kid and would go to the one in my hometown. Wendy’s are good when hot which never happens.

McDonald’s best overall. Checkers p good too but haven’t had since I was a kid and would go to the one in my hometown. Wendy’s are good when hot which never happens.

I'm that guy. 99/100 times I go to Wendy's, I request fresh fries. Worth the wait, imo.

Shake Shack isn’t fast food but it’s the same as Five Guys so I’ll go with them. Crinkle cut are my favorite kind.

Shake Shack is another level and it’s the best burger chain ever.

Dairi-o and Bojangles are both better than any on that list.

I'm going to have to merge this thread with the Unpopular Opinions thread.

Bojangles(eat 8-10 times a year)
McDonald's (eat then like 2 times a year at most)
Dairi-o (3-5 times year)

Do you just say "can you make me fresh fries"? I didn't know this was a thing...

I was told a couple of months ago that fast food workers constantly spit in people's food whether you're a cop or not. Then I was told they never spit in cop's food. So, I don't know if making them drop fries is a spittable offense or not.

If we are talking about fresh out of the fryer and salted then McDonald's is really hard to beat. Given I only seem to get those on about 25% of the time going there (which is not often). They typically are kind of meh. I've yet to have a bad batch of Dairio FF although this past year they seem to have gone to a slightly smaller portion size.

Wing place by us has waffle fries that you can get seasoned with their wing dry rubs. Not a big fry guy but those have ruined most others.

McDonalds 0-2 per year
Bojangles' 8-15 per year (mostly while traveling)
Chick-fil-A 15-20 per year (mostly while traveling)
Five Guys 2-3 per year
Shake Shack 3-5 per year
Arby's 4-6 per year
Cookout 3-5 per year

As a lot of these restaurants are franchised and even corporate stores may not get the constant supervision they need, french fry and other fried food quality can vary greatly based on mangement of the fryers and how often the oil gets changed. If you actually walk into one of these dens of inequity and the small of the grease whacks you in the face, they haven't changed the cooking oil and you should probably just turn around and walk out. You can genreally tell pretty quickly when you sink your teeth into a fistfull of fries too.

Wing place by us has waffle fries that you can get seasoned with their wing dry rubs. Not a big fry guy but those have ruined most others.

Sounds like Waldo's waffle fries.

I was told a couple of months ago that fast food workers constantly spit in people's food whether you're a cop or not. Then I was told they never spit in cop's food. So, I don't know if making them drop fries is a spittable offense or not.

Easier to get away with spitting in already soggy fries vs fresh crisp ones. Guess they spit in your drink if you request fresh fries.

Chick Fil A fries are great but the waffle fry butts are gross

Five Guys fries are a 5-star lock. Especially for those who enjoy shore/boardwalk fries, since malt vinegar is always available.

Five Guys fries are shit for travel. Need to eat immediately or they turn into a soggy fucking mess.

Back