• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best Fast Food Fry?

Five Guys fries are shit for travel. Need to eat immediately or they turn into a soggy fucking mess.

Most fried food travels poorly.

Dairi-o puts theirs in paper bags, which helps immensely.

Let me preface this by saying that Wendy's breakfast is pure shit. I hate the egg, I hate the soft biscuit, and the only good thing is that they use the same bacon as their regular sandwiches.

But...

Their "home fries", which are more fry shaped than chunks, deep fried and seasoned, are the tits.

Cookout’s are p good honestly but I only get them if getting a chili cheese fry

no way man, cookout has definitely lost weight since his post-college peak

Yeah I saw one in Troy, AL a few weeks ago.

I remember when my parents were driving for graduation and stopped to eat in one in Salisbury. Blew my mind since I only knew of the drive-thru ones around Wake.

Try Bo rounds with Bo fry seasoning. Nice

This is an excellent post. Bo Rounds get a bad rap from a lot of people for some reason. They're basically just a very flavorful, oniony big tater tot that (in my experience) are always right out of the fryer. That plus cajun seasoning = elite.

This is an excellent post. Bo Rounds get a bad rap from a lot of people for some reason. They're basically just a very flavorful, oniony big tater tot that (in my experience) are always right out of the fryer. That plus cajun seasoning = elite.

All about the bo round. Bojangles fries might be the most inconsistent fast food fry I've ever encountered. Bojangles as a whole is pretty inconsistent. When it's great, it's great, but it can be not very good, and not even close to worth the calorie intake. That's why Chic-fil-a gets so much love, it's always on point.

All about the bo round. Bojangles fries might be the most inconsistent fast food fry I've ever encountered. Bojangles as a whole is pretty inconsistent. When it's great, it's great, but it can be not very good, and not even close to worth the calorie intake. That's why Chic-fil-a gets so much love, it's always on point.

Thats' the way i spell it too, but too my surprise there is a "k" in the name. Strange.

Chic fil a sounds like something a serial killer would do.

apparently the A is capitalized, been seeing a lot of ads lately on Hulu about that

Surprised that the Chick-fil-A waffle fries don't get any love on this thread...

I think they are fantastic, even if clearly not hot out the fryer (in fact, I think they are better a little soggy). Yes, the sauces are also the bomb, but I'd eat them by themselves.

Surprised that the Chick-fil-A waffle fries don't get any love on this thread...

I think they are fantastic, even if clearly not hot out the fryer (in fact, I think they are better a little soggy). Yes, the sauces are also the bomb, but I'd eat them by themselves.

Chick-fil-A fries are great when you are eating them hot out of the bag while driving. But by the time you get where you are going, they have lost "it".

Chick-fil-A fries are great when you are eating them hot out of the bag while driving. But by the time you get where you are going, they have lost "it".

You must have a really short drive to have fries left at the end of it.

This nails it.

What's tough about ranking some of these is the awful quality control. I would never rate Wendy's, BK, Arby's, or Checkers highly because 9 times out of 10 they are luke-warm half-assed versions of themselves, often without the right salt or seasoning applied.

Chick-fil-A has a crazy high consistency of hot crispy fries for the drive home with just the right salt level. Five Guys cooks theirs fresh every time, but while it's cool that they use different potatoes from all over the place it seems like they can't land on the right fry timing plus they get rushed, so they seem to get pulled early a little too often. I also think it's weird they even bother with a cup - the cup ones always end up soggy and greasy, the extras in the bag are much better. McDonald's in solid 3rd as the gold standard for fries across your entire lifetime.

Everything else is a crap shoot, huge gap between those top 3 and the rest. At their best, Five Guys wins.

Back