• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best Fast Food Fry?

Crisp on the outside, soft on the inside

Have you had these chips? You can't have soft chips that are crispy.

tenor.gif

Have you had these chips? You can't have soft chips that are crispy.

tenor.gif

Village Tavern used to have them that way. You would have some that were crisp all the way through and some that hadn't been fried all the way.

I agree that's the perfect fry, but there are other things that are better for this such as Yuca.

Mami Noras in Raleigh is probably our number 1 carryout destination, and the yuca fries are one of my favorite sides ever, especially dipped in the yellow chicken sauce.

Arby's just started selling crinkle cut fries again. The order I got on Friday was decent. Certainly no Dairi-O, but I wasn't expecting that level. Been in Raleigh for the weekend, so I was able to partake in some Culver's onion rings, which might be the best fast food side, period. They probably have the best milkshakes as well. But that is a different thread.

Wrong thread. In no world in the multiverse are any version of onion rings the best fast food side ever.

McDonalds, especially if hot. They aren't as good as they were, but they are the reason for McD's success.

Wrong thread. In no world in the multiverse are any version of onion rings the best fast food side ever.

All onions are terrible. Onions are the harpies of the food world, defilers of all that they touch.

Ranch dressing sucks too, but not as egregiously as onions.

All onions are terrible. Onions are the harpies of the food world, defilers of all that they touch.

This may be the worst take in the history of the boards.

Onions either accentuate or take on the flavor of what they touch. Frying anything makes it better. Frying onions makes them amazing.

TIL that five year olds post in this thread. Onions are part of pretty much every holy trinity of cooking for a reason. I'm willing to give a pass on raw onions, but seriously?

This may be the worst take in the history of the boards.

Onions either accentuate or take on the flavor of what they touch. Frying anything makes it better. Frying onions makes them amazing.

I love onions, but don’t really care for fried onions.

Maybe this belongs in the unpopular opinions thread but crinkle cut fries are always garbage no matter where you get them from. Had Dairi-os yesterday and they further confirmed my belief.

Arbys
Checkers
All the rest.

Mickey D’s the best and most consistent over the decades. Just a tried and tested combo of potato and salt. Haven’t liked Wendy’s fries since they changed them like a decade ago. I think they changed them twice, actually. Original fries weren’t great, but ok. Arby’s curly fries are just gross. Don’t get the appeal at all. Chic Fil A solid, but have to be in mood for them. Steak Shake solid, not spectacular. Haven’t had Checkers. BK has never made a good fry. Whataburger very good but inconsistent. Sometimes almost as good as McD’s, but burgers are so good you don’t really think about the fries. Five Guys great, but don’t think they belong in this discussion. Completely different kind of fry (boardwalk style with vinegar), and not really the same type of fast food.

Agreed on your Wendy’s fry take

A perfectly cooked, lightly battered (cormeal/flour def not beer batter), onion ring beats a perfectly cook french fry for me as well.

I go for the combo 1/2 fries + 1/2 o-rings whenever that's offered.

caramelized onions are a HOF burger topping, but onion rings/straws on burgers suck

Back