• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New 10 Game 2020 ACC Football Schedule Model Announced

I've long been a proponent of this. Main downside is I feel like we're better off finishing #1 out of 7 teams as opposed to top 2 out of 14, in case the division we're in happens to have a down year.

That or a Pac-12 style setup where the Cali schools play each other every year are better options than the current status IMO. If we did that would need to go to nine conf games, otherwise we would never play Pitt/Miami/UVa/VT/GT

Agree that the ACC divisions are stupid. There is no geographic significance to the divisions, and often it leads to ridiculous situations where the 4th or 5th best team in the conference is playing in the ACCCG. Protect the long term rivalries, and rotate the games otherwise. So dumb that WF/UNC have to schedule OOC games to play each other more than once every 8 years. The best two teams should play for the ACC title.

NC State the one team that does not play either ND or Clemson

Agree that the ACC divisions are stupid. There is no geographic significance to the divisions, and often it leads to ridiculous situations where the 4th or 5th best team in the conference is playing in the ACCCG. Protect the long term rivalries, and rotate the games otherwise. So dumb that WF/UNC have to schedule OOC games to play each other more than once every 8 years. The best two teams should play for the ACC title.

It's always been that way since BC/Miami/VT joined. Also, selfishly for us, but we get subjected to Clemson - who for the last several years has been by far the best team in the conference - while every other team in the opposite division (except Georgia Tech) gets to only see them once every six years.

Just make it Old ACC and Old Big East and be done with it. ACC teams don't really want to play BE teams and vice versa.

Just make it Old ACC and Old Big East and be done with it. ACC teams don't really want to play BE teams and vice versa.

Which of the legacy eight teams get the bounce then? The North Carolina schools, Virginia and Clemson are the original members, then GaTech in 1979 and FSU in 1991. I'd be in for bouncing FSU to the other side.

So how much more money do we get if the ACC splits the ND contract and the ACC contract? Could be a lucrative season (except the whole $0 from ticket sales and food and drink).

feel like ACC has some leverage here to make ND a full-time football member and be done with it

This makes no sense. Still 11 games starting sept 7 - I don’t understand. It’s a change without any change

I just want a refund for my season tickets and two parking passes. If Wake does not offer to do this, then I will become a 44 year season ticket purchaser who tells Wake to "go to hell". PERIOD!!

We’ve got the toughest schedule in the whole damn ACC. We also have the most competitive coaching staff in our history as well as some of the most competitive athletes to ever play here. You know Sam, Sage and Boogie are licking their chops. They aren’t the only ones. The current roster and staff bleed Black and Gold. This is the perfect opportunity to rise up. I think we have a team that not only wants to do it, but can do it. I’m pumped.

Which of the legacy eight teams get the bounce then? The North Carolina schools, Virginia and Clemson are the original members, then GaTech in 1979 and FSU in 1991. I'd be in for bouncing FSU to the other side.

Virginia is not a founding member

This is the best (and toughest) schedule Wake has had in years. It will test the progress of the program in Clawson's seventh season. Six wins against this schedule will validate the improvement in the program to the ACC. Seven or more wins will gain the respect of the league.

This is the best (and toughest) schedule Wake has had in years. It will test the progress of the program in Clawson's seventh season. Six wins against this schedule will validate the improvement in the program to the ACC. Seven or more wins will gain the respect of the league.

It’s
Not
Going
To
Happen

For me, first 8 in the league are in ACC division. The other 7 are Big East division.

Playing Clemson, Miami, Notre Dame, Virginia, Virginia Tech, and possibly App at home with two possible 1st round picks and no fans would be the all time “ain’t that some shit.”

ND’s NBC deal pays $15M a year. The ACC TV deal pays $240M a year. Something is missing here. ACC football schools make less money splitting $255M 15 ways. ND makes more.

Last edited:
2020 is just different across the board. This gives all schools and conferences a chance to reevaluate current situations (conference affiliation, alignment, members, etc). I wouldn't be surprised if ND joins as a full member (with W Va making the 16th member) or at least ACC realignment happens within a couple years. New Commish coming in as well. Lots of opportunity for change.

The best way to spread Covid is to bring the app state mouth breathers down the mountain. PASS

What a horrible schedule. Ouch.

I see FSU avoided having to play Wake. Too bad. I love being a Wake fan in Florida. If we lose to FSU, whatever...but the years we beat FSU...it hurts them so bad to lose to Wake.

Back