• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New 10 Game 2020 ACC Football Schedule Model Announced

Just make it Old ACC and Old Big East and be done with it. ACC teams don't really want to play BE teams and vice versa.

Go back to an 8-team league with the Big Four, GT, VA, Clemson and one more that makes geographic sense. This strengthens old basketball rivalries with a home/away schedule, plus reduced costs of not having say our cross country team fly to Syracuse.
For football, 7 conference games, plus 3 nonconference under a rotating agreement with a renewed Big East. The AC conference champ is the best 7 game regular season record, and they play the Big East champ to determine an automatic rep for either the playoff, or if not selected for the playoff, one of the major bowls not in that year's playoff rotation.

Since July 6th, RJ been telling anyone who would listen that there may be a big Wake sports story in the next 30-45 days. And it came true

My bad, RJ doesn't know anything or anyone.

This just in - Nostradamus says the sun will rise in the East tomorrow. It didn't take connections to see a schedule shake-up coming.

Phil Steele's top 25 includes the following ACC Teams:

#2 Clemson
#8 ND
#16 UNC
#17 Miami
#18 VT

Guess who is the only ACC team with all 5 of those teams on its schedule?

#2 Clemson
#8 ND
#16 UNC
#17 Miami
#18 VT

not only that - 4 of those are scheduled as home games where I would imagine we'll be home 'dogs (of course home field will be slightly diluted with no fans, but still...)

hard to find many games with WF favored

not only that - 4 of those are scheduled as home games where I would imagine we'll be home 'dogs (of course home field will be slightly diluted with no fans, but still...)

hard to find many games with WF favored

Silver lining? At least those 4 games are at home...... Have we heard anything about ND being in W-S instead of Charlotte? Otherwise, we only have 5 true home games max.

I just want a refund for my season tickets and two parking passes. If Wake does not offer to do this, then I will become a 44 year season ticket purchaser who tells Wake to "go to hell". PERIOD!!

Could just have it applied to next year...

Playing Clemson, Miami, Notre Dame, Virginia, Virginia Tech, and possibly App at home with two possible 1st round picks and no fans would be the all time “ain’t that some shit.”

ND’s NBC deal pays $15M a year. The ACC TV deal pays $240M a year. Something is missing here. ACC football schools make less money splitting $255M 15 ways. ND makes more.

This deserves more discussion. If accurate, clearly the ND 2020 $ wasn't the reason for allowing ND to compete to play in the title game.

Based upon LAST YEAR's power ratings, WF would be favored in the following ACC games scheduled this season:

Miami at home: the Canes collapsed at the end of last season, but have a lot of buzz this season; the line would be short, but think the Canes would be favored now

VT at home: WF would've been a 1 point favorite at home; VT has a lot more returning starters than WF; VT would be a short favorite now

UVA at home: UVA finished last season on a roll; WF would've been a home dog at the end of last season, but UVA lost a lot; think this game would be around a pick now; WF might be a small fave.

At Cuse: WF was 6.5 point favorite last year @ Cuse; Cuse is supposed to be the worst team in the conference; WF would again be favored at Cuse to start the season

At State: WF was a 7.5 point favorite at home against State last year; the Pack is expected to better; the current line would be close to a pick with game now on the road

At Duke: WF was a 6.5 point favorite at against Duke last year: essentially the same analysis as the State game above

So, of the 10 ACC games, WF currently would be dogs in at least six (Clemson, ND, Miami, VT, @L'ville, @ UNC). WF would be a close to pick in 3 (UVA, @ Duke and @ State), and WF would be small fave in one (@ Cuse). Tough sched.

when Wake has that schedule and it's the toughest in the ACC it doesn't reflect well on the ACC

Based upon LAST YEAR's power ratings, WF would be favored in the following ACC games scheduled this season:

Miami at home: the Canes collapsed at the end of last season, but have a lot of buzz this season; the line would be short, but think the Canes would be favored now

VT at home: WF would've been a 1 point favorite at home; VT has a lot more returning starters than WF; VT would be a short favorite now

UVA at home: UVA finished last season on a roll; WF would've been a home dog at the end of last season, but UVA lost a lot; think this game would be around a pick now; WF might be a small fave.

At Cuse: WF was 6.5 point favorite last year @ Cuse; Cuse is supposed to be the worst team in the conference; WF would again be favored at Cuse to start the season

At State: WF was a 7.5 point favorite at home against State last year; the Pack is expected to better; the current line would be close to a pick with game now on the road

At Duke: WF was a 6.5 point favorite at against Duke last year: essentially the same analysis as the State game above

So, of the 10 ACC games, WF currently would be dogs in at least six (Clemson, ND, Miami, VT, @L'ville, @ UNC). WF would be a close to pick in 3 (UVA, @ Duke and @ State), and WF would be small fave in one (@ Cuse). Tough sched.

I'm curious (and this is true for the NFL as well) but what the impact on home/road would be to spreads if there were no fans in the stands. Obviously, there is still some burden on the away team to have to travel, but playing @Clemson in front of 86,000 rabid fans in orange is a bit different than playing in front of a bunch of empty aluminum benches. I wonder if the normal 3 points given to the home team on spreads might drop down to the 1.5-2 range this year.

#2 Clemson
#8 ND
#16 UNC
#17 Miami
#18 VT

okay, more respectable than I first thought

Curious to know what WF's OOC game options are. The FCS season seems like its up in the air; so, not sure what the choices are; naturally, it needs to be an opponent within a reasonably close distance. An automatic win would seem to be the best option given the balance of the WF schedule.

So we are kissing Notre Dame's butt again? Time to tell them to create their own conference. Hating ND since 1960. Just cancelled my season tickets. Basketball??

Curious to know what WF's OOC game options are. The FCS season seems like its up in the air; so, not sure what the choices are; naturally, it needs to be an opponent within a reasonably close distance. An automatic win would seem to be the best option given the balance of the WF schedule.

I'd be curious to see if Old Dominion might be interested in swapping the home and home with them, so that they play in Winston this year and we go to Hampton Roads next year. It's a little over a four hour drive, so that's doable and it would already be on the schedule, so not difficult to manage.

Other schools in bus range (~5 hours) outside the ACC/SEC are Georgia Southern, Georgia State and the other D1 North Carolina schools (Appy, ECU, Charlotte). Tennessee is technically in this range, but if the SEC has the same restrictions as the ACC (meaning no leaving the state for an OOC game), then that's off the table.

I'm curious as to what everyone else will do for the OOC games as well. The ACC vs SEC traditional games take care of Clemson, Louisville, Georgia Tech and Florida State; I guess the other schools will pick someone relatively close by (BC vs UMass since they sure aren't playing UConn; Syracuse vs Buffalo maybe?; re-instate the backyard brawl of Pitt-WVU?; guessing ND keeps Navy?; Miami against FAU/FIU?). Personally, I'd be fine keeping ODU and swapping it so we go there next year and let the Triangle teams divvy up the three other NC schools.

Of course I'm biased because if we have a tough schedule, I'd rather face a team that went 1-11 last year over a decent team in App State.

Any and all of the ACC out of conference opponents will have to have like, kind & quality of Covid protocols that we all do. That said I would imagine maybe Elon would be a logical choice because of their private school money and ability to pay for numerous testing. I doubt our opponent is App at this time at home just because they won't be able to bring the fans & thus filling the gates and our coffers.

Testing protocols will also be the reason we will all have a similar all-ACC basketball schedule. Maybe a true 28 game round robin schedule?

If Liberty wasn't being so cavalier about COVID, I would expect VT to keep its already scheduled game with it. Now, I'm not so sure. ODU would be an option for the Hokies as well as for Wake.

Any and all of the ACC out of conference opponents will have to have like, kind & quality of Covid protocols that we all do. That said I would imagine maybe Elon would be a logical choice because of their private school money and ability to pay for numerous testing. I doubt our opponent is App at this time at home just because they won't be able to bring the fans & thus filling the gates and our coffers.

Testing protocols will also be the reason we will all have a similar all-ACC basketball schedule. Maybe a true 28 game round robin schedule?

The potential issue with Elon is if no FCS this year, then they're not going to play. I think at this point the reality is you should only be looking at FBS teams for that one OOC game.

VT is slated to host MTSU next year (they were supposed to play them this year). It's a slightly-long bus trip (6 hours) but wondering if they could also do the potential flip the pair of home games so that MTSU can go to Blacksburg this year.

Back