• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New 10 Game 2020 ACC Football Schedule Model Announced

That's from when there was belief there could be some sort of fans at the game. I doubt that will happen.

If no fans, no need to go to Charlotte.

yeah no point if you can't do fundraising events and other PR activities

yeah no point if you can't do fundraising events and other PR activities

But if they do X% cap tickets, then they can sell more tickets for that game than at BB&T. Just depends on what X is as to whether it is worth the trip.

SEC says no to the end of season rivalry games--only conference games! First time since 1909 that Clemson will not have played South Carolina.

Report: SEC to play 10-game, conference-only schedule

Last edited:
SEC says no to the end of season rivalry games--only conference games!

Starting September 26. 10 conference games; no OOC games. SECCG on Dec. 19.

If the thinking is that each game brings additional risk of shutting down the season, it makes sense to schedule fewer games and to only play games that count toward the conference standings. This also adds in an extra bye week to deal with teams having to shutdown because of COVID. With the SEC/ACC rivalry games off the table, wonder if the ACC drops down to 10 games as well.

Last edited:
so is 5 the threshold for bowl eligibility? will there even be bowls?

so is 5 the threshold for bowl eligibility? will there even be bowls?

Guessing there will be far fewer bowls. The Golden Goose is the BCS playoff and all of the TV money that brings to the Power V; so, they will do everything possible to play those games. Other than that, maybe a handful of bowl games will be played, but that will depend on lot of circumstances that are unknowable right now.

Starting September 26. 10 conference games; no OOC games. SECCG on Dec. 19.

If the thinking is that each game brings additional risk of shutting down the season, it makes sense to player fewer games and to only play games that count toward the conference standings. This also adds in an extra bye week to deal with teams having to shutdown because of COVID. With the SEC/ACC rivalry games off the table, wonder if the ACC drops down to 10 games as well.

Good point. I think our conference thinking was to keep those rivalry games for both the rivalry AND the TV revenue. But having another opening on the schedule makes more sense for scheduling purposes around Covid problems that are bound to occur this season.

I hear the arguments for conference only play. But it just seems silly that South Carolina can play Missouri but not clemson. Those rivalries also bring in big tv bucks too. I sure as hell would rather watch a rivalry than some middle of the conference meaningless game.

I wouldn't look too hard for logical support to these decisions

conference-only seems to be a PR move to give the illusion of control of a situation

I mean, conferences are canceling every sport but football for the fall and it certainly isn't because football is safer than cross country vis a vis the virus

I wouldn't look too hard for logical support to these decisions

conference-only seems to be a PR move to give the illusion of control of a situation

I mean, conferences are canceling every sport but football for the fall and it certainly isn't because football is safer than cross country vis a vis the virus

No. At least not yet, the ACC plans to play all of its Fall sports (soccer, volleyball, cross country) with an abbreviated schedule.

I did not say the ACC did -- though they did just cancel tennis and golf, which are notorious for their close contact -- but that some conferences have

the whole thing is super hypocritical that it's hard to justify continuing to be an enabler

Guessing there will be far fewer bowls. The Golden Goose is the BCS playoff and all of the TV money that brings to the Power V; so, they will do everything possible to play those games. Other than that, maybe a handful of bowl games will be played, but that will depend on lot of circumstances that are unknowable right now.

If football is being played, bowls will be played. There's way too much sponsorship and TV money to be lost without bowls.

If football is being played, bowls will be played. There's way too much sponsorship and TV money to be lost without bowls.

Yep. Never mind the number of bowls that are played in states that currently are COVID hot spots. If Disney World can open, why not have the Beef O'Brady Bowl?

The CFP should be P5 champs and the top 3 champs from other conferences.

And keep it that way.

Back