• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New 10 Game 2020 ACC Football Schedule Model Announced

we'll get to see how much those fancy locker rooms create an advantage

So we have a new tentative schedule that will have 10 games.
How many of these games do folks think we’ll actually play?

Also, how is Syracuse going to play these games? NY still has a travel quarantine for multiple away game locations.

Also, how is Syracuse going to play these games? NY still has a travel quarantine for multiple away game locations.

Probably the same way they're dealing with it for the pro baseball teams. The Braves played at the Mets opening weekend and the quarantine was in effect for Georgia.

Not sure what the exact logistical details entail, but for Syracuse when they go on the road, they get to go to the hotel and the stadium and that's it (which to be honest, for a college football team under normal circumstances, is all they would do). Same for teams coming from quarantine states...land at the airport, go straight to the hotel and stay inside, sleep, go to game, play, go to airport and leave.

Probably easier to do with the college athletes since on the night before a game, they can't just come and go as they please as pro athletes theoretically could.

If we play this schedule, and no fans are in the stands it all comes down to rosters and coaching. I'll say we could win as many as 5 or 6 games, but could also go 2-8 or 1-9. Definite losses v Clemson, at ND, at Louisville, and at UNC imo. The rest are toss ups. I would love to be way wrong and have us cement a place of consistent high performance in our conference under Coach Clawson. Go Deacs, make me wrong !

ND is at home... sort of... it’s either in Charlotte or Winston.

ND is winnable if the Deacs are at full strength

I guess it's winnable, but ND will probably be a TD favorite in that game.

Heard some sports radio discussion about Notre Dame being part of a conference in football thos season. Some football "firsts" likely to happen. Who will be first ND all conference player(s)? Players of the week. First conference championship?

Financial. ND should get more football money from full football ACC share than from their NBC contract.

Schedule was brought up as an issue for continuing full membership. Navy, USC and other longtime rivalries.

Back