• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New 10 Game 2020 ACC Football Schedule Model Announced

Classof82Deac

Reaction score
Our 5 Home Games are Clemson, Miami, ND, UVa, and VT.
Our 5 Road Games are Duke, Louisville, UNC, NC State, and Syracuse.

All dates and times to be determined.

1 Division including ND. ACCCG will be either 12/12 or 12/19 in Charlotte between top 2 teams based on winning percentage.

2020_acc_scheduling_model.jpg

Also we can have 1 Non conference game at home or in state. I guess if this actually happens, we would probably try to keep our App. State home game.

Last edited:
Oof that’s a rough sked:

- so will we play ND at BBT? Or still in CLT?
- i saw that the entire Triangle avoids Clemson
- we’ll be favored against Duke and S’cuse and maybe State if they implode

All that said i see about a 10% chance of this actually happening

So, WF drops ODU, App State, BC, FSU, Villanova, while adding UVA, VT, UNC.

Apparently, the ND game counts as an ACC game; so, WF can/will play one other OOC game. Guessing that will be App St.

Notre Dame's home games will be broadcast on NBC, but all TV revenue for all ACC teams, including ND will be pooled together and divided evenly among all 15 ACC schools.

Geography is obviously playing a role in the schedule.

The first game is the week of September 7.

Last edited:
More info related to other sports:

Outside of football, the ACC announced plans for its fall Olympic sports. The seasons for field hockey, women's soccer, men's soccer and volleyball will begin on Thursday, Sept. 10. The schools will all play a conference schedule that meets the NCAA's minimum amount of games but can schedule additional games against conference or nonconference opponents at their discretion so long as potential opponents "meet the ACC's medical standards." Any additional games against conference opponents that are not part of the conference-mandated schedules will not count in the ACC standings.

The ACC also announced that sports such as swimming and diving, indoor track and field and fencing are postponed until at least Sept. 10. All fall competition in sports such as golf, tennis, rowing, lacrosse, softball and baseball have been canceled. Practice in all sports will be allowed at each school's discretion.

Honestly wouldn't mind keeping it as a league without divisions permanently. In regular seasons, make it a 9 game conference schedule and have three core opponents (yes, I'm being biased in that I want UNC/Duke/Wuffies on our schedule every year) and then rotate around the rest of the teams.

My guess is if they pull this off, it will be no fans, so might as well play ND in Winston. No sense in having two teams travel when only one needs to.

Do we still play the one non-conference game? It would need to be against an in-state opponent and the other conference would have to meet conference standards. Does that mean there's a chance we still get to play (and hopefully smash) Appy? The other potential options would be Charlotte or East Carolina...

Since July 6th, RJ been telling anyone who would listen that there may be a big Wake sports story in the next 30-45 days. And it came true

My bad, RJ doesn't know anything or anyone.

So ND could come in and win the ACC Championship and leave.

So, WF drops ODU, App State, BC, FSU, while adding UVA, VT, UNC.

Geography is obviously playing a role in the schedule.

The first game is the week of September 7.

Pilchard, do you think our non conference game will be against Villanova? Is the App State game officially off for this season?

Just watch that BS happen.

I'm guessing the ACC agreed to let ND play for the ACC title in return for the equal sharing of all TV revenue among all ACC schools including the money from ND's contract with NBC.

Wake, UNC, State, and Duke all need an in state non-conference opponent. There’s only ECU, App, and Charlotte to choose from among FCS teams. I think FBS teams are even less likely to have a season than FCS.

App will be interesting, imagine we'd probably be interested in putting that off to a season where we can get a full house.

Also with this schedule a more certain win would be appreciated, though I'd be way less confident in a full bowl lineup than I am in some kind of regular season, so eking out a winning record less necessary than most years prolly

Wake, UNC, State, and Duke all need an in state non-conference opponent. There’s only ECU, App, and Charlotte to choose from among FCS teams. I think FBS teams are even less likely to have a season than FCS.

We can play an out-of-state team, game just has to take place in NC

I'm guessing the ACC agreed to let ND play for the ACC title in return for the equal sharing of all TV revenue among all ACC schools including the money from ND's contract with NBC.

I’d hope so but I’m guessing they didn’t.

For the record, if ND did join the conference as a full member, I’d prefer a 9 game schedule with three permanent rivals and the top two teams make the championship.

Currie ought to shit a brick. Talk about a way to end Wake's bowl streak and pave the way for UNC to get to the championship game? It is all about $$$

I find it idiotic to think that anyone should be playing football this fall.

Honestly wouldn't mind keeping it as a league without divisions permanently. In regular seasons, make it a 9 game conference schedule and have three core opponents (yes, I'm being biased in that I want UNC/Duke/Wuffies on our schedule every year) and then rotate around the rest of the teams.

I've long been a proponent of this. Main downside is I feel like we're better off finishing #1 out of 7 teams as opposed to top 2 out of 14, in case the division we're in happens to have a down year.

That or a Pac-12 style setup where the Cali schools play each other every year are better options than the current status IMO. If we did that would need to go to nine conf games, otherwise we would never play Pitt/Miami/UVa/VT/GT

Back