• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Protest survey

Protest

• I participated in police-related protests, and I would participate in election delay protests

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • I did not participate in police-related protests, but I would participate in election delay protests

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • I participated in police-related protests, but I would NOT participate in election delay protests

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I did not participate in police-related protests, not would I participate in election delay protests

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

JuiceCrewAllStar

Whole Milk Drinker
Reaction score
curious to see how people feel about direct action participation

Last edited:
Interested in the definition of participation here. I haven't marched anywhere since quarantine started (at-risk family member in my home), but I've done several supply runs, donated to bail funds, attended planning meetings, etc. Does that count or are we talking strictly boots on the ground direct action?

I'm assuming "election day protests" are protesting the absence of an election.

defs would count that as participation, though I am curious about boots on the ground participation for an election delay

my hypothesis that there are folks who are sympathetic to the police reform efforts, but consider protesting too strong a measure for them personally, yet would definitely feel stirred to do something about an executive action election delay

The handful of protests I've participated in so far have been more orderly and socially distant than a typical trip to the grocery store. I haven't attended any of the more recent W-S protests where people are getting arrested.

The handful of protests I've participated in so far have been more orderly and socially distant than a typical trip to the grocery store. I haven't attended any of the more recent W-S protests where people are getting arrested.

Same here. I've done a total of 2 protests, one in Durham, and one in Richmond when the cops were taking a hiatus from harassing people. Both had heavy mask enforcement, particulary Durham.

I've looked from afar and seen some good distancing in DC but there were > 1MM people at some events here, which is a different deal than the NC ones

my family 'participated' in some local protests/rallies but not in anything like big-city mass marches against a line of riot police

Back