• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best Stephen King film adaptation

??

• Stand By Me

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • The Shining

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • Shawshank Redemption

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • It

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carrie

• The Green Mile

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Misery

• Pet Sematary

• The Dead Zone

• Other (name it)

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
Kudos to you for the good taste to include the beginning of the short lived "Wilmywood"

maximumhed.jpg

This would have to be the most faithful adaptation because King was the director (his only directors credit).

I've wondered - did the aliens possess a truck that already had a Green Goblin mask or did they possess a big rig first and think "You know what would be bitchin'? A giant Green Goblin mask."

I used to wonder the same thing with regard to the pizza delivery people. I mean, how the hell do you shop for and find a car with that Dominos sign on the roof?

There's going to be a new adaptation of the stand coming out on CBS all access here soon. Which by the way you get free with your 247 account.

Full disclosure. I really like the first miniseries.

I Am the Doorway from Night Shift always stuck with me.

Apt Pupil is the best thing he’s ever written.

Apt pupil is my favorite story in that collection, which also includes Shawshank and Stand by Me.

I really liked the Children of the Corn short story, was initially delighted to find there was a movie, then I found out there were 6.

Dr. Sleep is underrated. I really enjoyed it.

The Mist, 1408, The Moving Finger, and Mrs. Todd's Shortcut have all stuck with me for decades.

Went with the Shining. But Deloris Claiborne should be on the list.

The Mist, 1408, The Moving Finger, and Mrs. Todd's Shortcut have all stuck with me for decades.
I just reread Mrs. Todd's Shortcut, another friend a while back said it was one of his favorites too. What was it about the story that made it stick with you?

I just reread Mrs. Todd's Shortcut, another friend a while back said it was one of his favorites too. What was it about the story that made it stick with you?

I'm not sure. It didn't freak me out like the other three, but something about the premise stuck with me. It never fails to come to mind when I'm driving on unfamiliar country roads.

Started reading Dolores Claiborne on this thread's recommendation (though I know it's probably for the movie version, which looks great), and damn if 25 of the first 50 pages aren't about old ladies pooping.

Back