• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

No Season Tickets for 2020, Single Game Tickets Only

liveanddiedeac

Reaction score
Just got an e-mail saying that only single game tickets will be sold for the upcoming(?) season and season ticket holders have the option to 1- Donate season ticket purchase to Athletics Scholarship Fund, 2- Roll over season ticket purchase to the 2021 season, or 3- Receive refund of season ticket purchase.

Why is it that we season tickets purchased out season tickets several months ago, get thrown into the single game ticket lottery? The season ticket holders should be able to attend every game with our season tickets and then figure out how many single game tickets they can sell and still do the social distance crap. I realize it probably won't matter since I doubt the season even happens, but right now I'm a little pissed over this.

Because single game tickets will cost a lot more than you have paid for season tickets. Wake cant recoup the lost revenue on your cheap season tickets purchased months ago

Well of course that's it. Don't worry about the ones like myself that have bought season tickets for a couple of decades regardless of how good or bad we were and supported the product. Maybe they'll give season tickets holders priority on purchasing single game tickets, which wouldn't be as bad, but I just hope every step possible is taken that Wake fans are getting as many of these single game tickets as possible, especially since it's going to be reduced capacity anyway. I just have no confidence in our athletic department to do that and somehow 80 percent of single game tickets for Clemson and Va Tech end up going to Tigers and Hokies.

Well prepare to open up your pocket book then to support the Deacs. Th AD knows Clemson fans will pay market price for an opportunity to watch their team in person.

Just got an e-mail saying that only single game tickets will be sold for the upcoming(?) season and season ticket holders have the option to 1- Donate season ticket purchase to Athletics Scholarship Fund, 2- Roll over season ticket purchase to the 2021 season, or 3- Receive refund of season ticket purchase.

Why is it that we season tickets purchased out season tickets several months ago, get thrown into the single game ticket lottery? The season ticket holders should be able to attend every game with our season tickets and then figure out how many single game tickets they can sell and still do the social distance crap. I realize it probably won't matter since I doubt the season even happens, but right now I'm a little pissed over this.

IMO,To allow distancing your season ticket seat cannot be the same seat location in order to provide separation of every seat. All those remaining “in” will have to be re-assigned based on priority. Who knows where your choice of seat will be. It’s gonna be a complete redo with your priority considered I hope. Just hope they let you sit with your buddy

You should be allowed to bring in your own cooler.

Plus it's only 5 home games since ND is in Charlotte. And that's assuming we get our non con game at home. Reminds me of the days of our "home" games vs FSU being in Orlando.

I'm guessing that if we have football games at Truist Field at Wake Forest this fall, it will be under a reduced capacity of 20 or 25%. I assume first priority will be given to players' family members, then coaches' family members, and then possibly students and faculty. Then season ticket holders would have the next priority, and it's possible that not everyone in those 4 groups would be able to get in with the reduced capacity.

I also think that Governor Cooper may not allow any fans at college football games or any other athletic events in North Carolina this fall and the games could go on like MLB games are now.

So my conclusion is that our athletic department is trying to cover their asses in case any of these reduced capacity or no capacity scenarios come into effect. By the way, I don't like it either. I look forward all year to attending Wake Forest home football games each fall. But these are unprecedented times with this damn virus and I hope things get back to normal in 2021.

GO DEACS!!!

Last edited:
Spoiler alert: There are not going to be any football games this fall.

giphy.gif

Gotta be football! if y’all think people have pent-up rage now....geez. Too many people bored on Sundays, and MNF will result in more domestic violence for starters. Halfway kidding.

I'm guessing that if we have football games at Truist Field at Wake Forest this fall, it will be under a reduced capacity of 20 or 25%. I assume first priority will be given to players' family members, then coaches' family members, and then possibly students and faculty. Then season ticket holders would have the next priority, and it's possible that not everyone in those 4 groups would be able to get in with the reduced capacity.

So you’re saying it was a good year for me to start teaching at Wake? I’ll let y’all know how the games are!

I would hope that enough seats will be available to satisfy the wants of families and season ticket holders plus other Deac fans; but there will be an insufficient number to permit rival fans to have more than a very small percentage of seats. It would be refreshing to have a true home field advantage against Clemson and VT. At the same time, I hope the tix will not be absurdly price.

I would hope that enough seats will be available to satisfy the wants of families and season ticket holders plus other Deac fans; but there will be an insufficient number to permit rival fans to have more than a very small percentage of seats. It would be refreshing to have a true home field advantage against Clemson and VT. At the same time, I hope the tix will not be absurdly price.

Yeah, should be a real home field advantage when the stadium is 80% empty. Good point!

Hard to fault Currie and Co for doing everything they can to squeeze every penny they can while trying to ride out this year. He upgraded the basketball hire, he can ruffle some feathers to pay for it.

From what I've heard, UNC is adopting the same model (no season tickets, only individual games). Duke and NCSU may follow.

Well prepare to open up your pocket book then to support the Deacs. Th AD knows Clemson fans will pay market price for an opportunity to watch their team in person.

Spoiler alert: There are not going to be any football games this fall.

Sell the fuck out of them to Clemson fans and don’t refund when season is canceled.

Yeah, should be a real home field advantage when the stadium is 80% empty. Good point!

Just think how Ohio State will be looking when they are used to having 105,000 in there every game and there is only 21,000 and no tailgating! How many pissed off season ticket folks will that be when they usually have over 40,000+ get season tickets. What a headache.

Should be 0 seats allocated for opposing team fans.

Back