• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mafia Off Season Thread

Much of Glacier NP closes in October.

Yellowstone and Tetons can be done in early October.

Grand Canyon is great in October.

you would get nice leaves in or around Acadia but it will be a touch on the chilly side as that's like Thanksgiving weather in MD

Next week I’ll try to run a “Things timdunk Loves and Hates” mafia to see if anyone wants to play.

Consider Banff NP up in Alberta. It’s easier to get to than many US NPs. Calgary is a direct flight from many US airports and it’s a 90 drive from there.

Banff and the attached parks are amazing, but Americans can't currently go to Canada

Banff and the attached parks are amazing, but Americans can't currently go to Canada

Yeah. But if things get better, he should consider it.

Canadian Rockies, man. Peyto lake is one of the prettiest places I’ve been. Jasper and Waterton Lakes are as amazing as Banff.

Canadian Rockies, man. Peyto lake is one of the prettiest places I’ve been. Jasper and Waterton Lakes are as amazing as Banff.

Jasper and Waterton are both better than Banff, which is a shitty tourist trap city near some nice stuff.

I meant the town not the park

It's not much different than Park City, Sedona, and such. I guess that's not your thing.

Disappointed we didn't make the time to do Peyto Lake. Definitely going back when our neighbors let us back in though.

haven't been to sedona. the park city comp is fair; both suck

What are the best national parks in America? Which ones should I go to in like October

This makes me think of the Suque Olympics. I emailed every single National Park in the US for pictures. A surprising number emailed me back to help. One park got all high and mighty and tried to tell me it was cheating if I didn’t visit myself. Pretty sure I told them something along the lines of it was the OC’s fault for leaving me a loophole but thank you so much for being concerned about the integrity of the contest. PS. Several other parks had emailed me photos and I had received both my points and a bonus point for being first.

This makes me think of the Suque Olympics. I emailed every single National Park in the US for pictures. A surprising number emailed me back to help. One park got all high and mighty and tried to tell me it was cheating if I didn’t visit myself. Pretty sure I told them something along the lines of it was the OC’s fault for leaving me a loophole but thank you so much for being concerned about the integrity of the contest. PS. Several other parks had emailed me photos and I had received both my points and a bonus point for being first.

God damn, those were good times. I was thinking about the Haiku contest just this weekend.

When is this whole mafia thing gonna get revived?

haha niagara falls emailed me a promotional pic and I am like no I need someone standing with a sign by the falls. She was like its negative 11 billion degrees here not happening.

When you mod a game.

Dude, you really want mafia to die forever. The pm's I'd get from Toogs for irrevocably fucking it up would destroy my fragile psyche for life.

Back