• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mafia Off Season Thread

also on our team--I am forgetting her name right now, poster here though, crushed a burrito

There are rare cases where it makes sense! In this case, it's paying ~$1700 per year to lease a car which retails at $34k all in out the door (and we can charge for free everywhere because everyone is a hippie here). The numbers get weird to the point that us getting rear ended MADE us about $7k after netting out the price of the lease. There isn't really a good case that buying a Bolt is more economical than leasing, especially since most states give some incentives.

As an aside, I spend almost all of my time trying to figure out how to squeeze maximum value out of things. There was once a time when credit card companies let you price match black friday deals, so I bought a cargo van (I got a good deal on it, I resold it for a 20% profit!) and loaded it up with about 25 TVs to resell. I also used to resell really really dumb cars, like a Corvette with the interior completely redone in suede and the initials OG stitched into the seats. The amount of time I have to spend on shenanigans has decreased, so each one must be larger now. If anyone has a poorly thought out get rich quick scheme, I will join in this venture with you. Lawn care with mako! Beekeeping with gouda! A crude sexual reference generator with knight! I will join any and all of these enterprises

How are you at handling a rototiller?

Well this is the first time in my life I've heard that word, so probably pretty good

RfEQ.gif

Mako, y’all need to build a 421 bypass so I don’t have to spend any time in N Wilkesboro when I’m going home from the mountains.

Mako, y’all need to build a 421 bypass so I don’t have to spend any time in N Wilkesboro when I’m going home from the mountains.

It’s folk like you that shut down our Ruby Tuesday’s. What’s next, our Applebee’s?

It’s folk like you that shut down our Ruby Tuesday’s. What’s next, our Applebee’s?

Folks like me haven’t set foot in a Ruby Tuesday’s or Applebee’s in over a decade.

But if I can be to blame for their closure, it’s a badge of honor.

Folks like me haven’t set foot in a Ruby Tuesday’s or Applebee’s in over a decade.

But if I can be to blame for their closure, it’s a badge of honor.

Well, some folk’ll never eat a skunk, but then again some folk’ll.

applebees is the worst of the middle america chain options. By like a million miles. I'll crush some ruby tooby salad bar once every few years, or a fridays cobb salad, but applebees can fuck right off. I did enjoy quite a few 22 ounce drafts for 2 bucks there when I was in college though, but college park at that time had very few options.

I should probably lease cars, I like being under warranty and not having surprise big bills.

I should probably lease cars, I like being under warranty and not having surprise big bills.

In general, leasing isn't a great idea. That being said, if you highly value what you mention, it can work. In addition, you can find incredible lease deals every so often that flip the typical financial part of the equation and make it almost dumb not to lease. You just can't be too picky on car type.

Leasehackr is a good resource to learn more.

I have never leased a car. I thought about getting a car, but parking is like $400 a month, so I bought a Citibike pass for a year instead.

I think my fav part of mafia and this board in general is my country mouse ass trying very hard to imagine what y’all’s lives are like.

I think my fav part of mafia and this board in general is my country mouse ass trying very hard to imagine what y’all’s lives are like.

If you wanna come to San Francisco, I'm willing to put you up for a life in the day. Obviously the apartment will be too small for you to have a bedroom, but the couch is a recliner, so it's almost like another bed.

I have never leased a car. I thought about getting a car, but parking is like $400 a month, so I bought a Citibike pass for a year instead.

You should consider a Lyft Pink membership

If you wanna come to San Francisco, I'm willing to put you up for a life in the day. Obviously the apartment will be too small for you to have a bedroom, but the couch is a recliner, so it's almost like another bed.

Offer stands for you too, bro. Rototiller is primed.

Back