• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mafia Off Season Thread

pickleball looks really fun, but are there actual pickleball courts? the vid I just watched said it's the same as a badminton court, but I have never seen a badminton court. I am an amazing ping pong player, a very good tennis player, and a decent racquetball player, so I think I would crush this.

lots of tennis courts are being converted to p-ball courts -- pretty straightforward one tennis court to two p-ball court conversion -- lots of communities pushing for more permanent courts

there are also a lot of tennis courts that paint pickleball lines on them and then folks bring their own nets or the park district will loan them out

definitely some tennis/pickleball tension in some spots, but one spot I play is the p-ball lines on tennis courts and all eight p-ball spots were taken without a tennis player to be seen

you sound like you have a great background for pickleball -- biggest adjustment is learning the mechanics of the kitchen and strategy -- have to unlearn some tennis instincts

I feel like board pickleball tournament has to happen now. If anyone wants to drive to the middle of nowhere Georgia in July, I have courts, I think.

I feel like board pickleball tournament has to happen now. If anyone wants to drive to the middle of nowhere Georgia in July, I have courts, I think.

I think given Toogs' tennis, ping pong, and racquetball prowess, he should host and teach us all his ways

Has anyone tried this pickleball thing? Played for the first time a couple of weeks ago, it was fun - like tennis for out of shape people.

I played with my wife the other day for the first time, it was very fun

Gooner do you still work as a waiter out at the Legends? It was like a sushi shop or something?

It was a steakhouse and no, I do not. Though some days I would love to go back and time to do that again, better than my current job a lot of the time. And free food and beer.

So when are we testing out the new boards with a train wreck of a mafia game?

I'm fairly sure I could mod a game sometime soon if people are interested

Last edited:
If we get a few people like Diggler that post interest in this thread I'll start a sign up thread.

I have a dream of running a theme game, but I have my doubts we could get the numbers. If we got like 14+ I'd do it though.

Back