• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mafia Off Season Thread

how diverse is where you are, mako?

that's one thing I dig about cities -- how many different little niches there are

I generally agree - I had never lived in a city until I was 32. I had visited plenty of times, and seemed cool, but had no idea - it sort of changes your whole outlook. I mean, deer skinning or whatever, is generally frowned upon in public places, but the restaurants, music, events and everything you can do being at your fingertips is amazing - almost to the point that you feel bad for staying in after work or on the weekend. I am a huge sports fan, so I end up at random sporting events all the time - if its 3 PM on a Thursday and I can get Yankees tickets for cheap, I go. If its a saturday afternoon and I have nothing better to do, I can go to an NYCFC game for cheap. I went to the XFL games over in the Meadowlands. Those are things I could never do in any place I lived in before. Half the stuff I used to do on "vacation" i could do any time I want.

I may be in the minority, but I loved living in Philadelphia - its such a compact city and everything is walkable within 30ish minutes. Its almost like Brooklyn, except with a somehow worse accent.

How old are your kids? That’s the version of the city I had in my head.

My reality was more like make sure to get to the school before they close so I can pick up my kid. Then plan for a sitter three weeks in advance to try to do something cool.

that's one thing I dig about cities -- how many different little niches there are

I’m sorry, Juice, but we don’t see color here. We’re all God’s children.

I can but I don’t need to do it all the time. I do like being able to eat good Thai food whenever I want though.

Worng answer. We would have accepted, "Yes, I can survive" or "Yes, I'm a country boy." Your answer is wholly inadequate.

Goddamn, people. Is there no one here with even a casual knowledge of Hank Williams Jr?

I definitely should’ve lived in a city for a bit when I was younger.

I was away from the thread. I'm sorry that you were alone for such an extended period with all the city children. Another adult is here. It's ok now.

Socioeconomically extremely diverse.

There was an amazing sandwich olypmics on the Suque about 8 years ago. Bhan mi was a contender. Buffalo Chicken was as well.

My favorite Buff Chix sandwich right now is from Melt Shop. Their shakes are pretty good too and I am a sucker for tater tots. And they are on GrubHub, so its easy to get when I am not stranded in the woods.

Along with Harry Styles, his music has been so overplayed this summer, I would be ok not hearing any of his music for a year or so.

On...like...the radio?

Do people actively listen to non-news radio? I guess I do that. Probaby 10 minutes a day of hip-hop/country/pop.

On...like...the radio?

Do people actively listen to non-news radio? I guess I do that. Probaby 10 minutes a day of hip-hop/country/pop.

It takes me an hour to drive anywhere, so the radio is generally on - and I think I leave the house like 3-4 times per week. So, 6-8 hours a week of radio listening probably per week?

I generally listen to sports radio in the car if I am by myself, but when I am not and/or its a pandemic, its generally top 50 radio - I've tried getting closer to my country roots, but the kid hates it, so that doesn't get played very often.

I also have Alexa play music in the house all the time and its generally top hits or whatever.

Goddamn, people. Is there no one here with even a casual knowledge of Hank Williams Jr?

I definitely should’ve lived in a city for a bit when I was younger.

I grew up in the country and miss it every single day. I don't mind living in a city but i absolutely hate 99% of the population. I also hate having neighbors super close to me. I just want to go outside and let the wind hit my dick while i take a piss.

I grew up in the country and miss it every single day. I don't mind living in a city but i absolutely hate 99% of the population. I also hate having neighbors super close to me. I just want to go outside and let the wind hit my dick while i take a piss.

GLORIOUS FEELINGS

what's holding you back from living in the country, manning?

job? family?

So, we have a scorpion problem. These tiny fuckers are everywhere and somehow get in through the door seals. I dont think they can really hurt if they sting because they are tiny, but they still look menacing - and I think of all the sci fi movies I have seen where scorpions are lethal.

Also, speaking of Scorpions, is Rock you Like a Hurricane a top 10 80s song? Only Byms can answer.

Mrs Mako-watches me pull bag of onions from closet, watches me select onion, watches me slice onion, watches me place onion on sandwich, watches me eat half of sandwich, then proceeds to say “you know, I was supposed to throw those onions out because of a recall due to salmonella outbreak”

Mrs Mako-watches me pull bag of onions from closet, watches me select onion, watches me slice onion, watches me place onion on sandwich, watches me eat half of sandwich, then proceeds to say “you know, I was supposed to throw those onions out because of a recall due to salmonella outbreak”

It’s a close race between your wife and your child for who is going to murder you in your sleep. I’ve got your child as a -125 favorite but this could bring the odds close to even.

Back