• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mafia Off Season Thread

Ryala can’t die. When it’s his time to die, he’ll show up 1hr late.

This is near death experience #6 or something since we started playing mafia. Pretty sure I'm just invincible. Probably why I've still never been killed on D1

10/10. Held up like a champ, even with the entire back half missing. The guy apparently said he was going 60 when he hit us at a dead stop, and we walked out of the thing only with some whiplash symptoms and concussions. We're thinking about just buying one this time as a replacement, but the incentives suck right now.

Wanna buy my car?

I'm trying to talk my wife into letting me trade in my Volt for a Bolt. Took one for a test drive and the interior is so much roomier, and I think I can do all the driving I need to within the range. I keep a Carvana page open to see if a used one pops up that has all the options I need (DC FAst Charging, heated seats etc.).

Ryala, nice to hear about the Bolt. It's a small car, so there's always a slight (and probably irrational) concern about how well it will protect you in a crash.

I'm trying to talk my wife into letting me trade in my Volt for a Bolt. Took one for a test drive and the interior is so much roomier, and I think I can do all the driving I need to within the range. I keep a Carvana page open to see if a used one pops up that has all the options I need (DC FAst Charging, heated seats etc.).

We have both. I thought I would like the Volt better. I was wrong. Pretty much everything about the Bolt is better, with the one exception that I prefer the lower seating position of the Volt.

As you mention, the Bolt seems to defy physics. It's shorter than the Volt, yet it has quite a bit more interior space. The range is pretty great and I think its version of showing you how much range you have left tends to be pretty accurate.

The downside versus the Volt you already own is cost. Even used Bolts just aren't that cheap and, when we did the math, it seemed to make more sense to lease one than to buy a used or new one. I was also concerned about depreciation if we bought a new one. While there aren't that many choices for EVs currently, at the end of a 3 year lease, there should be quite a few more options.

When we leased ours, I emailed every dealer within 500 miles that had one in stock. I told them I was going to lease the car, didn't need a test drive, and asked what their best price was. Once I got the lowest price, I went back to the others to give them an opportunity to beat it. Once I finally found the lowest price, I asked if they would be willing to deliver the car. In total, it took about two weeks and I got the car delivered to me for free from a dealer 3 hours away. Unless you're allergic to emails, it was pretty painless.

Ryala, nice to hear about the Bolt. It's a small car, so there's always a slight (and probably irrational) concern about how well it will protect you in a crash.

We have both. I thought I would like the Volt better. I was wrong. Pretty much everything about the Bolt is better, with the one exception that I prefer the lower seating position of the Volt.

As you mention, the Bolt seems to defy physics. It's shorter than the Volt, yet it has quite a bit more interior space. The range is pretty great and I think its version of showing you how much range you have left tends to be pretty accurate.

The downside versus the Volt you already own is cost. Even used Bolts just aren't that cheap and, when we did the math, it seemed to make more sense to lease one than to buy a used or new one. I was also concerned about depreciation if we bought a new one. While there aren't that many choices for EVs currently, at the end of a 3 year lease, there should be quite a few more options.

When we leased ours, I emailed every dealer within 500 miles that had one in stock. I told them I was going to lease the car, didn't need a test drive, and asked what their best price was. Once I got the lowest price, I went back to the others to give them an opportunity to beat it. Once I finally found the lowest price, I asked if they would be willing to deliver the car. In total, it took about two weeks and I got the car delivered to me for free from a dealer 3 hours away. Unless you're allergic to emails, it was pretty painless.

Good info, thanks. I bought the Volt new, which I didn't mind because I got it 5 days before the tax credit was cut in half so my all in price wasn't too bad. But the cramped interior is getting to me after a year and a half of driving it every day, so I'm looking at some 2017 Bolts coming in off lease. My other concern with the Volt is that since it is discontinued, in a few years if there was something really wrong that it would be hard to find parts or get a mechanic who really knew how to work on them.

Good info, thanks. I bought the Volt new, which I didn't mind because I got it 5 days before the tax credit was cut in half so my all in price wasn't too bad. But the cramped interior is getting to me after a year and a half of driving it every day, so I'm looking at some 2017 Bolts coming in off lease. My other concern with the Volt is that since it is discontinued, in a few years if there was something really wrong that it would be hard to find parts or get a mechanic who really knew how to work on them.

I keep expecting the 2017s coming off lease to drop in price, but they haven't dropped much. They seem to be going for around $20k. The challenge when we did the math was that you could get a brand new one for $27ish (after incentives and dealer discounts) or a used one for $20ish. We ended up deciding that the discount for used wasn't enough and went new (leased).

It sounds like your vehicle of choice should be a bicycle.

Definitely don't need something for commuting. Taking the dog to the park and going to the grocery store is pretty much all the driving I do now. And I don't think that's going to change anytime soon.

@gouda

Definitely don't need something for commuting. Taking the dog to the park and going to the grocery store is pretty much all the driving I do now. And I don't think that's going to change anytime soon.

You need this bad boy

95_1.jpg

I believe it has a top speed of something like 63 mph and a range of less than 100 miles. It's either the worst electric car ever or the best golf cart ever.

Had a v fun time yesterday. Tried to go wine tasting, drove 90 min south to go some vineyards, but someone hit a transformer so everyone lost power and they had to shut down. We turned around to come home, sat in traffic... Then someone behind us didn't realize traffic was stopped at rear-ended us at like 40. Now the car is totaled and we need to go to the doctor because I've broken my shoulder and back before and they're in a ton of pain again. All in all, a pretty great use of time off work

13+Cookie.jpg

What do you want to banter about ryala

Back