• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mafia Off Season Thread

What are the best national parks in America? Which ones should I go to in like October

These questions have very, very different answers. Lemme ponder in this and get back to you. The Smokies and Shenandoah are beautiful in October, but they’re not the best national parks by any stretch of the imagination. Glacier is probably my favorite park in the lower 48 but I’ve only been there in the summer and don’t know about the weather there in October. Acadia up in Maine might be a solid bet.

What are the best national parks in America? Which ones should I go to in like October

These questions have very, very different answers. Lemme ponder in this and get back to you. The Smokies and Shenandoah are beautiful in October, but they’re not the best national parks by any stretch of the imagination. Glacier is probably my favorite park in the lower 48 but I’ve only been there in the summer and don’t know about the weather there in October. Acadia up in Maine might be a solid bet.

Also, the answers depends on what you want to see and do. Different scenery in different parks. U.S history in some (e.g. Ft. McHenry) Pre-Columbia history (e.g. Chaco Canyon, Mesa Verde) Leaves changing colors (Great Smokey Mountain, Shenandoah/Skyline Drive, Acadia) awesome rock formations (Yosemite, Grand Tetons, "stair step 4" in southern Utah. The Grandaddy of them all-Yellowstone.

Pick your activities and there is a park for that.

Yosemite and Yellowstone are popular for a reason. All California parks are great in general. The Alaska parks are hard to get to and expensive to try and maneuver to, but the people I know that have been to them say it's unlike anything else they've seen.

October is a good time to do a loop of Southern Utah, Southern Colorado, New Mexico, and Arizona.

Just make sure you check and see if you need a reservation to get in.

Would anyone's lists change if this trip is almost entirely to make my partner happy, and my preference is to never see the sun?

I keep expecting the 2017s coming off lease to drop in price, but they haven't dropped much. They seem to be going for around $20k. The challenge when we did the math was that you could get a brand new one for $27ish (after incentives and dealer discounts) or a used one for $20ish. We ended up deciding that the discount for used wasn't enough and went new (leased).

I ended up trading in my Volt to lease a new Bolt and it is indeed super dope.

I ended up trading in my Volt to lease a new Bolt and it is indeed super dope.

Awesome to hear. If it didn’t look kinda weird from certain angles and GM actually tried to sell them, I think it would have been a hit. It seems like everyone who drives one ends up way more impressed than they expected to be.

As a side note, using L when driving the Bolt and then switching to doing the same in my Volt almost always leads to me nearly hitting something. I have no idea why they didn’t make the Volt true one pedal driving.

Awesome to hear. If it didn’t look kinda weird from certain angles and GM actually tried to sell them, I think it would have been a hit. It seems like everyone who drives one ends up way more impressed than they expected to be.

As a side note, using L when driving the Bolt and then switching to doing the same in my Volt almost always leads to me nearly hitting something. I have no idea why they didn’t make the Volt true one pedal driving.

Yeah, as soon as I talked my wife into test driving it she was totally on board. Coming from the volt it feels gigantic inside and is so responsive, especially driving in L. I don’t even have to use the regen paddle on the steering wheel to brake anymore, which was the main way I drove the volt.

What kind of deal did you get on the lease? We're still waiting on all our repair estimates, but I think we're gonna end up right against the totalled amount. Seems like its possible to get a onepay at like $7k in a non incentive market with the bolt/volt $1500 credit

What kind of deal did you get on the lease? We're still waiting on all our repair estimates, but I think we're gonna end up right against the totalled amount. Seems like its possible to get a onepay at like $7k in a non incentive market with the bolt/volt $1500 credit

There was 6750 customer cash on it, which helped lower the monthly payment

I donate my time and money and shit, but I also don't always want my kid to subjected to certain things - which is why I chose the place I live. I dont know what that makes me, but I definitely am jealous of the word nimby, I am going to add it to my lexicon and figure out how to use it properly as an insult.

what are those things, da?

like, defs understand you don't want a nuclear waste facility by your apartment

Back