Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: The Destruction of the US Postal Service by Trump & the Republican Party

I think it's telling that 26 House Republicans - who are even more to the far right than most Senate Republicans - bucked the wishes of Dear Leader and voted for the legislation. I'm sure that many GOP members who represent rural areas are feeling some heat over this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Weird. The House passed relief months ago.

Yep
    I love mankind...itís people I canít stand!!

Wasnít part of the Senateís problem with the Houseís relief bill is that it included funding for things that needed to be stand alone, like postal funding?

Waitaminute. I'm starting to think mitch mcconell may not have the American people's best interests at heart.

We started hearing rumors about the mail slowdown and in a matter of days almost everything USPS has been somewhere between delayed to hugely delayed. In particular we do a book exchange for our kids that used to be 3 days on the nose for years and now it's 13-15 business days.

I just assumed the vast majority of Americans are experiencing similar issues so there was no way they could pull the "there are no delays, this is all fake" defense. Guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by deaconson View Post
    Waitaminute. I'm starting to think mitch mcconell may not have the American people's best interests at heart.

I love mankind...itís people I canít stand!!

So those of you that would not trust the U.S. Postal Service if you had the Power Ball winning ticket and you had to MAIL it in to your state's lottery office instead of driving it to them, want to trust the same folks to be able to handle all the votes to be done correctly. Yea, right!

Rusty Larue
    Quote Originally Posted by TheReff View Post
    So those of you that would not trust the U.S. Postal Service if you had the Power Ball winning ticket and you had to MAIL it in to your state's lottery office instead of driving it to them, want to trust the same folks to be able to handle all the votes to be done correctly. Yea, right!
    This is not an original thought from TheReff. Stop plagiarizing.

Now do Colorado and Oregon.

Republicans have quite a tightrope to walk arguing that the post office is desperately in need of cost cutting measures and also doesn't need funding because they're making plenty of money.

Plagiarism?? Did someone mention plagiarism??

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Plagiarism?? Did someone mention plagiarism??

Attaboy, Angus! You finally got him! I guess we'll all have to vote for Trump now.

Seriously, dude? People mail things of great value all the time. Tax returns, checks, etc.

Just terrible.

I disagree with you
    To be fair, i wouldnt trust FedEx or UPS with it either

I disagree with you
    i'm not sure why anyone would mail something worth hundreds of millions of dollars unless it was absolutely necessary, like a dinosaur skull or something. seems like a bad decision regardless of carrier

Isnít it people blink a lot when they are lying? Well....

I disagree with you
    maybe he's doing that morse code trick

not a lot of DeJoy on that guy's face today