Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: The Destruction of the US Postal Service by Trump & the Republican Party

Fuck that.
    I love mankind...itís people I canít stand!!

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Itís amazing how much Republicans hate the postal service.

...or anything related to government services or governing, generally.

Banhammer'd
    Maybe they would quit if threatened with long jail sentences by the DOJ. Each piece of mail Dejoy delayed is a five years sentence. If the Board of Governors can be called complicit for allowing the mail to be intentionally delayed, they will fold.

Quote Originally Posted by ConnorEl View Post
    ...or anything related to government services or governing, generally.
    True, and yet they're usually at the front of the line to get those government goodies and services that they condemn, and will loudly complain if they don't. And they still expect the post office and other government agencies to do their jobs with efficiency and dispatch even while they support politicians that cut the budgets for said departments and lay off their workers and try to privatize and/or downsize them. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you...

Republicans are all about passion.

Sure, illogical, dishonest, destructive and misinformed passion...but passion!

rarely correct but never in doubt

Itís almost like Republicans are tanking government to benefit their donors.

Yep

And them rural red areas gonna suffer the most, probably.

Banhammer'd
    Destroying the USPS is harming our economy. If it becomes totally or even majorly privatized cost of many things will go up and cost jobs. This is one of the most cynical and economically moronic positions of the GOP.

Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
    Destroying the USPS is harming our economy. If it becomes totally or even majorly privatized cost of many things will go up and cost jobs. This is one of the most cynical and economically moronic positions of the GOP.
    But the profits of the delivery service companies, both current and future, will go up bigly.

Quote Originally Posted by Deaconblue View Post
    But the profits of the delivery service companies, both current and future, will go up bigly.
    Which fits perfectly with the overall GOP plan, which is to privatize pretty much everything that isn't. If only everything could be privatized, from schools to the post office to all other federal and state agencies, then all will be perfect. And how do you get the public to go along with making the post office or public schools or whatever a for-profit enterprise? Screw them up to the point that they become a dysfunctional mess, then demand "reforms" to said agency or public institution, and then privatize them as your solution to a problem you helped create. Profit.
    Last edited by Highland Deac; 02-09-2021 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Highland Deac View Post
    Which fits perfectly with the overall GOP plan, which is to privatize pretty much everything that isn't. If only everything could be privatized, from schools to the post office to all other federal and state agencies, then all will be perfect. And how do you get the public to go along with making the post office or public schools or whatever a for-profit enterprise? Screw them up to the point that they become a dysfunctional mess, then demand "reforms" to said agency or public institution, and then privatize them as your solution to a problem you helped create. Profit.

Exactly. The Democrats need to see their role as securing the fundamental role of government before Republicans run off with it. Once the left establishes a government role, it's not easy for the right to take it away.

The Destruction of the US Postal Service by Trump & the Republican Party

Went by the post office for my kidsí passport photos and they couldnít do it because the internet was out. The couldnít call to reschedule the appointment because the phones were out too. Just a bunch of handwritten signs everywhere.