• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Destruction of the US Postal Service by Trump & the Republican Party

I saw on twitter that states and using state election laws was a good way to counter what trump and his lackeys are doing at the post office, glad that some states have started the process.

It’s baked into the American experiment that states are responsible for running their own elections and states get REAL salty when the federal government tries to mess with that shit.

Secretary Hobbs won a close election in 2018. I doubt her Republican opponent would bother protecting voting rights like she is.

What did they say?

This is a response I got from a conservative who posted in response to the Postal Workers Union meme:

“Have you ever toured a post office? They aren’t staffed by predominant Republicans. But keep drinking the DemoHateIc Kool-Aid.”

Both said they wrote to DeJoy asking for answers. From Gianforte's* letter:

I am a strong proponent of the USPS and will continue to ensure that Montanans have access to reliable mail service. During the current public health crisis, it is more important than ever the USPS continue to provide prompt, dependable delivery service. I appreciate that the Postal Service faces financial challenges, and I have cosponsored and voted for legislation to fix the pension prefunding issue. Regardless, balancing the books by slowing delivery and reducing options Montanans have come to rely on gives me great concern.

*last seen assaulting a reporter on the eve of his special election

Removal of USPS drop boxes on hold

Feckless.

Of course, I’m sure this has nothing to do with Daines being in a close Senate race with Steve Bullock.

What did they say?

This is a response I got from a conservative who posted in response to the Postal Workers Union meme:

“Have you ever toured a post office? They aren’t staffed by predominant Republicans. But keep drinking the DemoHateIc Kool-Aid.”

LOL. They aren't supposed to be staffed by "predominantly" Republicans or Democrats, at least since the civil service act was introduced. They're supposed to be professional government employees whose job is to move the mail as efficiently and quickly as possible. Trump is all about going back to the nineteenth-century spoils system, that's for sure.

Both said they wrote to DeJoy asking for answers. From Gianforte's* letter:

*last seen assaulting a reporter on the eve of his special election

Removal of USPS drop boxes on hold

Local post offices are still a big deal in rural areas, with their older populations, and I would imagine that in a large, heavily rural, spread-out state like Montana they're even more important. Bullock could make some real political hay if he hits Daines hard on this, imo.

What did they say?

Was that a thinly veiled racist shot?

Was that a thinly veiled racist shot?

Probably. She wasn’t my friend though. I don’t see any other way she would know the politics of uniformed postal workers except by race.

So I’m probably gonna be waiting for all those used paperbacks I got hella cheap from Betterworld Books for a while, huh?

Those of us that live way out in the cut are pretty heavily reliant on the usps, to echo earlier assertions.

I blame Ronald Reagan. That piece of shit put all the current GOP idiocy in their heads about government bad and poors are gaming the system and conservatives got where they are with rugged individualism. All horse shit. Every last word, a con.

Back