Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: The Destruction of the US Postal Service by Trump & the Republican Party

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Your mother is 81 years old and she graduated from Wake in ‘76?
    Yep. She went back and finished undergrad and masters at wake when I was a kid, then worked in the computer center from about 1980 until about 1988. My dad (‘56) worked at Wake from 1969 until 89 IIRC

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Your mother is 81 years old and she graduated from Wake in ‘76?
    Someone cannot graduate from college in their 30's?

Quote Originally Posted by WakeandBake View Post
    Yep. She went back and finished undergrad and masters at wake when I was a kid, then worked in the computer center from about 1980 until about 1988. My dad (‘56) worked at Wake from 1969 until 89 IIRC
    That’s pretty cool. Good for your mom.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by BeachBumDeac View Post
    Someone cannot graduate from college in their 30's?
    It wasn’t common back then especially not at Wake.

Yeah, I think BBD was looking for a gotcha. Agree with Ph that Wake wasn't (and isn't) a school that people typically graduate from if they're older than 23.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Karma View Post
    Was that a thinly veiled racist shot?
    Look on my feed, LK. You know her. She also had something to say a few weeks ago about the funeral for John Lewis and how it basically shouldn't have been allowed to happen because of lots of other events got cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hogan View Post
    Yeah, I think BBD was looking for a gotcha. Agree with Ph that Wake wasn't (and isn't) a school that people typically graduate from if they're older than 23.
    Always!

Quote Originally Posted by Newenglanddeac View Post
    This is also sadly 100% accurate.

A good friend of mine (former Republican and Wake grad)...his parents (still huge Trump supporters) just told him that he, his wife, and his kids are “disgusting” because of their support for BLM and that they are raising their kids to be “marxists” who will be looking for handouts for the rest of their lives. Said they are completely “disappointed” and “appalled” by how my friend has evolved.
    then they really ruined their kid... right?

talked to at least 10 people tonight who are afraid of voting by mail because of whats happening with the post office.
    Draxx them sklounst

Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    talked to at least 10 people tonight who are afraid of voting by mail because of whats happening with the post office.
    Rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by iodeac View Post
    Look on my feed, LK. You know her. She also had something to say a few weeks ago about the funeral for John Lewis and how it basically shouldn't have been allowed to happen because of lots of other events got cancelled.
    Oh FFS...

The Destruction of the US Postal Service by Trump & the Republican Party

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/ne...l-if-necessary

Congressman Jim Cooper is urging Speaker Nancy Pelosi to bring House members back from recess next week to investigate whether the Trump administration is deliberately trying to cripple the U.S. Post Office during an election.

Cooper said new Postmaster General Louis DeJoy, a major Trump donor, should be subpoenaed to testify and, if he refuses to cooperate, the House should have him arrested to force his testimony.

"If need be, we could even have the Sergeant at Arms arrest the Postmaster General," the Nashville Democrat told NewsChannel 5.
    "This is completely outrageous conduct to dismantle the Post Office right in such a crucial time in American history."
    Plot twist coming...

"I never thought I'd live to see the day where the President of the United States would sabotage our own Post Office," Cooper said.
    But, politics aside, Cooper said many of his Republican colleagues share his concern about what's happening.
    Last edited by PhDeac; 08-16-2020 at 01:53 AM.

Sure behind closed doors they’ll have concerns. When the mics are on it’s 100% “Dear Leader” coward speak

More evidence of Republicans willing to enact policies that kill Americans to maintain their power.

Quote Originally Posted by avalon View Post
    Well, this just can't be. I was assured by pretty much every Republican on the Sunday morning talk shows today that this entire issue is greatly overblown, that the USPS has been "having trouble for years" and this is just the latest sign that it badly needs to be reformed, and as Chris Christie said on ABC's This Week, this entire brouhaha is just a battle between "bloated worker's unions" and honest reformers in the GOP who just want to make the USPS run better. Basically, the GOP talking point on every show this morning was "nothing to see here, same old grumblings about our inefficient, bloated big government post office, move on please."