Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 342

Thread: The Destruction of the US Postal Service by Trump & the Republican Party

  1. #141
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,853
    I can always count on Highland for the Sunday show report.

    Got to love the logic that USPS has been bad for years, thatís why deliveries that took 3 days two months ago are taking two weeks now.

  2. #142
    Trumpís spokesperson on This Week today pointed out that it must be overblown because Pelosi and the Dems are In recess.

    Tonight Pelosi said sheís calling back the house to vote on USPS legislation.
    Hungry

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by DeaconCav06 View Post
    Trumpís spokesperson on This Week today pointed out that it must be overblown because Pelosi and the Dems are In recess.
    Seems like that would be the perfect time to pull some underhanded shit.

  4. #144
    The Pumpfaker Paul Hogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Sydney, New South Wales
    Posts
    2,354

  5. #145

  6. #146

  7. #147
    as long as sombrero wearing coeds are safe from this here col I'm good.

  8. #148


    My blood boils just seeing these innocent mailboxes taken out of commission and locked up.

    The cruelty is the point.

    Thx pubs

  9. #149
    Why exactly is the post office supposed to be profitable, when other government agencies that require fees for service are not? National Park Service, State Departments of Transportation, the US Forest Service, State wildlife agencies, among others, all charge fees to individuals, on top of the tax dollars they receive, in return for services. For example, the Forest Service changes grazing fees to ranchers, the Park Service charges entrance fees at almost very park, DOTs have license fees and toll roads...none are profitable and none are expected to be, so what the difference? I got into a twitter "argument/discussion" with Wrangor on this. He initially said it was because the USPS charges for the service and therefore should be profitable, then moved the goal posts and said because it was designed as a business therefore should be expected to at least pay for itself but then said it was Sunday and he was done arguing.

    I sincerely want to understand why the post office is expected to pay for its self, when no other government agency or service has to do that?
    Birds are real.

  10. #150
    I tweeted out something similar last night. Itís the United States Postal SERVICE.
    Hungry

  11. #151
    Yeah itís the reason why rural areas are completely fucked without the postal SERVICE, itís not profitable to distribute things in areas with extremely low population density. There is no logistics or business practice that makes it work unless you charge those areas a high cost. Even in more densely populated areas the end of the delivery chain sometimes relies on the postal service because thereís not much profit for FedEx and such to deliver at the individual level all over.

  12. #152
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    45,931
    I haven't had a mail carrier deliver or pick up our mail since Thursday.

  13. #153
    we live on a rural route so it's people in private vehicles rather than USPS trucks servicing us, but all the vehicles (Subaru Outback, Jeep Wrangler, and some Toyota something) are still right-hand drive, so I guess those have to be special ordered? can you normally get those in the US or do they have to be grey marketed from the UK or something?

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Why exactly is the post office supposed to be profitable, when other government agencies that require fees for service are not? National Park Service, State Departments of Transportation, the US Forest Service, State wildlife agencies, among others, all charge fees to individuals, on top of the tax dollars they receive, in return for services. For example, the Forest Service changes grazing fees to ranchers, the Park Service charges entrance fees at almost very park, DOTs have license fees and toll roads...none are profitable and none are expected to be, so what the difference? I got into a twitter "argument/discussion" with Wrangor on this. He initially said it was because the USPS charges for the service and therefore should be profitable, then moved the goal posts and said because it was designed as a business therefore should be expected to at least pay for itself but then said it was Sunday and he was done arguing.

    I sincerely want to understand why the post office is expected to pay for its self, when no other government agency or service has to do that?
    Wrangor should come to the board to defend that terrible take. What a coward.

  15. #155
    If people now talking about the USPS funding/budget/profit issue can show me their discussing it and talking about it in the past (prior to there being a voter suppression issue attached), I'd take it far more seriously than I do. Right now it's clear this is focused only on suppressing votes after the GOP realized the voter fraud angle was ridiculous since plenty of conservatives cast mail-in votes and never cared before. Again, this is not a serious argument and these are not serious people.

  16. #156
    Also I now follow Birdman on twitter. I'm excited.

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeforest22890 View Post
    If people now talking about the USPS funding/budget/profit issue can show me their discussing it and talking about it in the past (prior to there being a voter suppression issue attached), I'd take it far more seriously than I do. Right now it's clear this is focused only on suppressing votes after the GOP realized the voter fraud angle was ridiculous since plenty of conservatives cast mail-in votes and never cared before. Again, this is not a serious argument and these are not serious people.
    Yes, seems like a bunch of bullshit.
    Birds are real.

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeforest22890 View Post
    Also I now follow Birdman on twitter. I'm excited.
    Also probably a bunch of bullshit.
    Birds are real.

  19. #159
    ok, I absolutely need to follow Birdman on Twitter. Someone hit me with his handle...

  20. #160
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeforest22890 View Post
    If people now talking about the USPS funding/budget/profit issue can show me their discussing it and talking about it in the past (prior to there being a voter suppression issue attached), I'd take it far more seriously than I do. Right now it's clear this is focused only on suppressing votes after the GOP realized the voter fraud angle was ridiculous since plenty of conservatives cast mail-in votes and never cared before. Again, this is not a serious argument and these are not serious people.
    Well said. It is a cult.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •