• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Destruction of the US Postal Service by Trump & the Republican Party

There is a 100% chance that Trump has some internal polling telling him that this hurts prospective D voters more than prospective R voters.

Yeah, I'm betting he does have someone telling him that. But the quality of their research/polling is likely pretty shitty.

There was a quote from trump that went something like "mail in voting doesn't go so well for us." Don't know the reality of which side benefits more, if either does, but total participation benefits and that can only be a good thing for America in the long run.

I mean the more conspiracy plot would be that vote by mail is a paper trail, much harder to manipulate votes when there is a paper trail in comparison to in person electronic voting.

Everyone just put on a good mask, keep your hands off your face, and go to the damn polling place to vote.

Fuck Trump and the Republicans he rode in on.

Yep!

Unfortunately they have closed polls in many dem-leaning districts and shortened early voting and thrown as many obstacles in the way as possible because of their love for freedom, democracy, and liberty.

Yep!

Unfortunately they have closed polls in many dem-leaning districts and shortened early voting and thrown as many obstacles in the way as possible because of their love for freedom, democracy, and liberty.

Sounds like you should take your grievances up with those in charge of the poll stations in the dem-leaning districts instead of bitching about it on a message board.

If you stay silent... you are complicit.

Sounds like you should take your grievances up with those in charge of the poll stations in the dem-leaning districts instead of bitching about it on a message board.

Do you think that Democratic congresspeople run the polling stations in their districts?

The craziest thing about all this is that Republicans have dominated vote-by-mail in past elections. Trump is sabotaging their best weapon because Democrats are trying to use it too.

I don't understand this at all. How would not nominating people to the BOG help workers? Better leadership helps workers not no leadership. Democrats should commit to installing postal workers on the BOG.

You clearly don't understand this topic. You don't know realize that the controlling interest in that Georgia election is now the governor. Hmmmm. Disenfranchise through disenrolment without notification. Close poling enters in poor and predominately minority districts.

The craziest thing about all this is that Republicans have dominated vote-by-mail in past elections. Trump is sabotaging their best weapon because Democrats are trying to use it too.

Everything to Trump is PR and what he sees on his TV. So I wonder if he thinks VBM is bad for Republicans because the most high profile coverage of mail in voting is where it changed election results in Arizona and California. But that was because Dems tend to vote later, not because they vote more by mail.

And you can tell it's frustrated Florida Republicans because someone convinced him to insert "voting by mail in Florida is good!" into his messaging.

I don't understand this at all. How would not nominating people to the BOG help workers? Better leadership helps workers not no leadership. Democrats should commit to installing postal workers on the BOG.

This. These fucking people don’t even know how to cheat correctly.

That is literally happening. Love for Trump is breaking up families.

This is also sadly 100% accurate.

A good friend of mine (former Republican and Wake grad)...his parents (still huge Trump supporters) just told him that he, his wife, and his kids are “disgusting” because of their support for BLM and that they are raising their kids to be “marxists” who will be looking for handouts for the rest of their lives. Said they are completely “disappointed” and “appalled” by how my friend has evolved.

Back