• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Destruction of the US Postal Service by Trump & the Republican Party

Did not know how much post office love there was, I have always found it generally incompetent at mailing packages reliably.

It has one of the highest favorable ratings, at like 90% positive or something. If the issues continue and are framed correctly that Trump is fucking with the mail (He clearly is) then it might do more harm than good since veterans rely on the mail, and more importantly old people love the fucking mail.

I can't think of a time when something I sent via USPS did not get there

Did not know how much post office love there was, I have always found it generally incompetent at mailing packages reliably.

I’m 50 and I’ve never had a problem in half a century. I think you’re not doing it right you should read up on mailing

oh and for someone who claims to not like trump, didnt vote for him, don't believe he is the leader of the Grand Old Party you sure are a complicit little pig arent you

oh and for someone who claims to not like trump, didnt vote for him, don't believe he is the leader of the Grand Old Party you sure are a complicit little pig arent you

So complicit.

Listen I understand there is a reason for the USPS and we shouldn’t defund it, but if I have a package I need reliably delivered I’m not using them. Might be because I’m not an old.

I think you’re exaggerating your issues with the USPS.

I feel like i can feel that the USPS isn’t the best MOD, and also still dislike Trump, but maybe others on these boards can’t compartmentalize quite as well.

Yea but while it’s shipping it’s in a black hole from a tracking perspective.

No it’s not. You just don’t use the service so you’re not aware that they’ve had tracking services for at least a decade.

Feels this could really backfired on Trump

1. As others have said olds are more likely to use the mail, especially when it comes to voting
2. This is a real world issue that Biden/Harris can blast him on. President Trump is gutting the USPS during a pandemic which will harm social distancing and he could care less if you get COVID voting/at a store/etc. Those ads would be very effective.

No it’s not. You just don’t use the service so you’re not aware that they’ve had tracking services for at least a decade.

My experience is it shows up that it was scanned in, then no further updates really until delivered. ETA awful.

do you use Amazon Prime? Like 90% of my shipments are via USPS and are reliable.

Feels this could really backfired on Trump

1. As others have said olds are more likely to use the mail, especially when it comes to voting
2. This is a real world issue that Biden/Harris can blast him on. President Trump is gutting the USPS during a pandemic which will harm social distancing and he could care less if you get COVID voting/at a store/etc. Those ads would be very effective.

The Democrats like the USPS, so it must be awful! Defund the USPS! MAGA!

Trump's base is so gullible, they'll disown their own children in favor of Trump.

The Democrats like the USPS, so it must be awful! Defund the USPS! MAGA!

Trump's base is so gullible, they'll disown their own children in favor of Trump.

I feel like it’s the opposite, Trump is trying to eliminate the USPS to prevent mail in voting which is obviously deplorable. As a result democrats feel like they have to s their d on everything else as a way to overcompensate.

Oh hell yea.

Costs will increase significantly. And likely service will worsen. Especially in less populated (rural) areas.

But some people will make $$$.

If your life was on the line for a delivery, you ain’t using the USPS.

Strangely enough, many people’s lives ARE on the line with regard to getting their medications and bills timely through the USPS and these hatchet job cuts are screwing them over.

Speaking of compartmentalizing, it sure is convenient that you can set aside your totally authentic dislike of Trump to separately bash the effectiveness of a service you never use.

Back