• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Destruction of the US Postal Service by Trump & the Republican Party

Haha, Senator Carper just had tech difficulties, thought he was cut off and then ripped a stream of obscenities during this hearing.

meh those packages weren't going to make it on time anyway cause FedEx and UPS are better

Tomorrow is your chance to have your voice heard!!! 11am protest organized by MoveOn.org.

Pack a lunch just in case the protest spills into the afternoon.

There is a massive difference a continuing process of removing mail-sorting machines over several years and all of a sudden removing hundreds of machines right before a presidential election and Christmas. The timing makes no sense other than to sabotage the USPS and the election. This could have easily been done after the Christmas rush.

mid-August is right before Christmas?

it's all about the election

The election is the first Tuesday of November. Christmas season starting at the end of November is the busiest time of the year. It doesn't make sense to make a major infrastructure change late in the year. If this was legit, it would likely take place after the holidays.

Dems definitely need to run some ads with empty presents under the tree and grandchildren not getting cards from their grandparents.

There has to be some data to support the removal of these machines in normal practice (age, capacity, volume) and surely there is precedent. Has anyone asked for these supporting docs? Other than a sticky note that says because Trump said so?

I’m curious about the article posted around Obama administration removing 12000 boxes over 5 years. Same questions- was this supported by data? Is it unusual? Or is it just a false equivalency to what appears to be a sudden, drastic action with horrendous timing and a president that says the quiet part out loud.

And you just know Katie Porter is going to bring the goods.

Tomorrow is your chance to have your voice heard!!! 11am protest organized by MoveOn.org.

Pack a lunch just in case the protest spills into the afternoon.

You know, I would, but I'll be out with my elderly mother trying to get her medicine.

Hey maybe you can get your daddy's boat and help get some medicine and other necessities over to FedEx for your community

It can't be! I've been assured by leading Republicans that the USPS has been inefficient for years and all these recent delays and slowdowns are just a bunch of lies and wild exaggerations by crazy LibDems determined to steal the election from Dear Leader. Maybe Angus can post some more funny Post Office memes and photoshops to make us all feel better.

Weird. The House passed relief months ago.

Back