• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Family Grand Canyon Trip

Flagstaff is closer and cheaper than Sedona. I’d recommend spending time in both. Make sure you make the drive between them during the day. It’s breathtaking. But it can be terrifying at night.

Yeah the Grand Circle is awesome, I've done several trips out there doing it in pieces and also as a whole, and am always ready to go back for more. This site is a good asset for planning, and all of the backroad detours are worth it

https://utah.com/scenic-drive

don't have much advice, but did a week-long rafting trip through the GC and it was a blast

the little side trips to waterfalls were great, but don't have my bearings enough to know how accessible they may be by hiking

don't have much advice, but did a week-long rafting trip through the GC and it was a blast

the little side trips to waterfalls were great, but don't have my bearings enough to know how accessible they may be by hiking

Dude I am so jealous of this. I have looked into it multiple times, but financially these trips are crazy per head to pull off anything like it in the near future. Maybe when I get wifed and kid'd ill do it.

Aren’t you a 1%er?

I'm reading these posts, thanks guys....keep it up, gives me stuff to consider.

I mean it's a couple g for a week but what vacation costs less than that?

Yeah the Grand Circle is awesome, I've done several trips out there doing it in pieces and also as a whole, and am always ready to go back for more. This site is a good asset for planning, and all of the backroad detours are worth it

https://utah.com/scenic-drive

Highway 12 is incredible, but one of my favorite drives was leaving 12 to get on Burr Trail and Nottom-Bullfrog to go to Capitol Reef.

Our family of 5 did a Grand Canyon / Southern Utah RV trip in July 2017. Flew in and out of Vegas. Prepare for the heat. We went to Flagstaff, southern rim of GC, Moab, Capitol Reef, Bryce, Zion and then back to Vegas. Only cool temps were found in Flagstaff and Bryce. Great trip though and I highly recommend. I do wish we had spent more time on the backroads and in the state parks in southern Utah. All 5 NPs in Southern UT were amazing.

north rim is less crowded.

you could stay in kanab, utah which is a cool town where a bunch of westerns were shot. 90 minutes to the north rim, 30 minutes to zion, 90 minutes to bryce canyon.

Clint

Shit the ones i looked into were around 8K per person.

We didn't spend anywhere near this on Southern Utah. And we added Salt Lake, Yellowstone, Tetons, and Snowmass to the same trip.

Hell, Kenya for 2 weeks wasn't even $8k per person.

I think you can make it happen for a good bit less. Truth is there isn't much luxury out there anyhow, and most things you see are nearly free.

Dude I am so jealous of this. I have looked into it multiple times, but financially these trips are crazy per head to pull off anything like it in the near future. Maybe when I get wifed and kid'd ill do it.

You are kidding yourself if you think wife and kids will make the trip financially more feasible.

oh man Phantom services drastically reduced for repairs for the next 18-24 months. Glad that the DC shitheads finally gave some money for the backlog of deferred maintenance, but this will make a tough to get reservation even tougher.

You are kidding yourself if you think wife and kids will make the trip financially more feasible.

Yea but then I will just pay for it, now i gotta convince my poor friends, and I am not dropping that kinda cash on a girl that doesn't have a ring on it.

Yea but then I will just pay for it, now i gotta convince my poor friends, and I am not dropping that kinda cash on a girl that doesn't have a ring on it.

Some of us in the biz wonder about that position.

Back