• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Actual Trump Voters Against Trump

Newenglanddeac

Reaction score

trump voters here:

73384703.jpg

Do you really think this is a representative sample of voters? The few Trump voters that post here do it to annoy you. I vote R about half the time, but not for Trump. Probably going to ticket split again, office by office.

Do you really think this is a representative sample of voters? The few Trump voters that post here do it to annoy you. I vote R about half the time, but not for Trump. Probably going to ticket split again, office by office.

Huh? This board? Fuck no.

It’s a sample of Wake Forest grads and fans.

If I wanted a representative sample of the general population, I would read something else.

What I'd like to know is what moron would cast a vote for that idiot Thom Tillis.

This board isn't even representative of OGBoards overall. The Trump supporters are all over the sports board.

Trump turned my mother, who until 2016 had never voted for a democratic candidate for any non-local office, into voting straight ticket democrat. It still amazes me on a daily basis that he continues to have as much support as he does.

I also wholeheartedly throw my support behind shirtless smoking guy for whatever political office he chooses to pursue.

Is RiscDeac in this montage?

The entire GOP is complicit.

Trump turned my mother, who until 2016 had never voted for a democratic candidate for any non-local office, into voting straight ticket democrat. It still amazes me on a daily basis that he continues to have as much support as he does.

I also wholeheartedly throw my support behind shirtless smoking guy for whatever political office he chooses to pursue.

Seconded.

Need to get him and the dude from MA on a ticket together.

I’d like to see a list of prominent Republicans who were in office before 2016 and out of office now who have publicly endorsed Trump. Doesn’t seem like many.

I haven't seen a single Tillis ad or yard sign

I've been working with a progressive grassroots organization reaching out to organizers for the upcoming election and making a lot of calls in NC - even people who say they're Donald supporters have balked on Tillis when I ask about him - they literally go out of their way sometimes to say "nah that guy can go I'm just a Donald supporter."

I don't know what Tillis' base is overall but I don't think he's got a great shot in NC if he's trailing Donald's (seemingly decreasing) support in the state.

I'm very curious to see what his net vote loss will be from 2016, if there is one. If Trump has lost a Republican voting base, I think it's because he's activated a white nationalist voting base that's just far more culturally reprehensible. I don't know how the Republican Party, post-Trump, can put that toothpaste back in the tube. White nationalists are sticky voters, unlike the suburbanites that are moving to the Dems.

Last edited:
I've been working with a progressive grassroots organization reaching out to organizers for the upcoming election and making a lot of calls in NC - even people who say they're Donald supporters have balked on Tillis when I ask about him - they literally go out of their way sometimes to say "nah that guy can go I'm just a Donald supporter."

I don't know what Tillis' base is overall but I don't think he's got a great shot in NC if he's trailing Donald's (seemingly decreasing) support in the state.

Given that Tillis barely won in 2014 in a great Republican year against a weak Dem opponent, he was always going to be vulnerable against a stronger Dem opponent, which Cunningham is turning out to be. I will say that I'm surprised at just how weak Tillis currently seems to be, it does seem as if even some Trump supporters are planning to either vote for Cunningham or just vote for Trump and leave the Senate race blank. I don't think the race is over yet by any means, but if Cunningham and Cooper can win by wide margins, it may just help to drag Biden to victory in NC as well.

Back