• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mount Rushmore of Candies (Somewhat Political)

WFcatamount22

Reaction score
1. Reese’s (undisputed king of the candies, all others can’t compare. The OG. The George Washington of candies)

2. Peanut M&M’s ( The constitutional rock of the candies, the foundation, old reliable and never lets you down Bruce, the Thomas Jefferson of candies)

3. Starburst Original (The badass outlaws of the candies not afraid to go where other candies won’t, really the underdawg GOAT, the king, Teddy Motha fucking Roosevelt)

4. Snickers (The great uniter of souls, when nobody else can agree on anything we can come together around a Snickers Bar, Honest Abe)

Who y’all got?

No fruit candy but I dig your list

If we’re talking grocery store aisle candy only, I have Twix on mine

1. Reese’s (undisputed king of the candies, all others can’t compare. The OG. The George Washington of candies)

2. Peanut M&M’s ( The constitutional rock of the candies, the foundation, old reliable and never lets you down Bruce, the Thomas Jefferson of candies)

3. Starburst Original (The badass outlaws of the candies not afraid to go where other candies won’t, really the underdawg GOAT, the king, Teddy Motha fucking Roosevelt)

4. Snickers (The great uniter of souls, when nobody else can agree on anything we can come together around a Snickers Bar, Honest Abe)

Who y’all got?

Not bad, but I wouldn't add three peanut+chocolate ones. Leave Reese's in, swap out peanut for plain m&m's, swap out snickers for either Twix or Milky Way. Carmel definitely needs some representation. I am also happy to not include any chocolate with coconut in it.

My personal list would be different than an overall list.

Personal:

• Reese's PB eggs (prefer the ratio a bit more on these to the standard cups)
  • Almond Joy (or really any chocolate covered coconut bar/egg)
  • Reese's Pieces (I could eat full bags of these at any time)
  • Original Skittles (something fruity to be a bit healthy)

All time, it would probably be something like lollipops, candy canes, bubble gum, and Reese's cups, but you are probably looking more for specific brands. So I'd probably say regular M&Ms, Tootsie Pops, Hershey Kisses and... Reese's Cups.

Milky Way is trash. Snickers has the perfect ratio of chocolate, nougat, caramel, & peanuts.

1 - Reese’s
2 - Snickers
3 - KitKat
4t - peanut m&ms
4t - crunch bar (Or krackle)

thumbnail.asp

I’d sub in Goodbar or Twix for Starburst. Otherwise I dig the list.

Though not my absolute favorite, Reese's, Snickers, and M&Ms (regular) are classics and have to be there. My fourth would probably be Twix, with Kit Kat a close runner-up. Honorable mention for one of the chocolate/mint combos (Jr Mints, Andes, Peppermint Patty.)

Milky Way is trash. Snickers has the perfect ratio of chocolate, nougat, caramel, & peanuts.

1 - Reese’s
2 - Snickers
3 - KitKat
4t - peanut m&ms

Can you get a Krackel outside of the Halloween mini combo bags?

1. Reese’s
2. Snickers or Milky Way. Coin flip for this slot
3. Dark chocolate bar - could be that regular Hershey’s special dark or something super fancy doesn’t matter
4. My head says to use this last slot on York peppermint patties but my heart says to waste it on gummy cola bottles because I loved these as a kid.

1. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
2. Skittles
3. M&M's
4. Snickers

BTW, Skittles, M&M's, Snickers, Starburst, Milky Way, Twix are all made by the same company - Mars Wrigley.

Hershey makes Hershey bars, Reese's, Jolly Rancher, and Kit Kat.

I’d sub in Goodbar or Twix for Starburst. Otherwise I dig the list.

Every time someone in my office opens one of those Hershey minis bags everything is gone before anyone touches the goodbars. I've always wondered if anyone eventually eats them or if they're just thrown out when the bowl is refilled. Maybe someone eats them, but I've never seen it happen.

Reese's is definitely in the running for the GOAT, and probably has it on lock. KitKat (the new dark chocolate and mint one is amazing), Twix, Snickers and Peanut M&Ms (especially the Coffee Nut Peanut M&Ms) are probs the rest of the list for me. If I had to drop one to get on the mountain, I think I'd have to drop Snickers or Twix. Probably Twix, but it's a tough call.

1 - Reese’s
2 - Snickers
3 - KitKat
4t - peanut m&ms

I did a side by side comparison this past halloween of crunch vs krackle, and to my surprise the krackle dominated in every eay. next to the krackle, the crunch was almost gross.

Mother of God. I can try to defend most of your takes on controversial subjects because we're e-bff's and all, but you're on your own on this one, bro.

Edited bc I'm an English teacher and yet somehow inexplicably still a moron that can't use the correct form of you're.

Last edited:
Skittles aren’t gross but you get taste fatigue real quick with them and they all taste the same citric acidy taste after that. Not a good quality for a mt Rushmore candy.

Also any of us dads need to have Mounds/Almond Joy on there somewhere

Fun size Heath Bars are probably my favorite candy overall, but I can't fathom trying to eat an entire regular sized bar.

Caramel and Hazelnut M&Ms are pretty elite.

Somehow I had never had the Russell Stover chocolate eggs until I bought a bunch after Easter this year like B1G5 free at Walgreens while picking up a prescription. They are pretty damn incredible. Coconut Cream, Caramel Marshmallow, Maple Cream, Pecan Delight.

Reese's Cups are the GOAT. Then prob some combo of reg M&Ms, Milky Way, Twix, Kit Kat. I get Snickers but I don't like peanuts on their own.

Added to my personal list, but probably not Rushmore-worthy: Sour Patch Kids, Jelly Belly sour mix, peanut butter M&Ms, Reese's Pieces Easter eggs

Back