• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Climate Change & Natural Disasters Thread

I’m talking about giving the marginalizing people what they vote for.

I’m tired of asshole politicians and the assholes who vote for them bitching about federal government spending on disaster aid and other causes that actually help people. They prevent funding the infrastructure to quickly respond but come looking for their handout when it hits their state. Then they get it and take credit for aid they didn’t support for other states which make them look like they’re delivering. And the people they marginalize within those states still get screwed.

800,000+ Kentuckians voted for Rand Paul's opponent in 2016.

Many more didn’t. Maybe they’d vote against him if they actually had to live with his votes.

The real issue is that there’s a piecemeal disaster by disaster response when these disasters are guaranteed to happen on a regular basis. Put together a standing federal disaster relief program where people get aid directly from the federal government. Run the program out of post offices so when disasters hit, there are federal workers on the ground to distribute aid when it happens and they can direct federal resources.

It sounds like you are saying “fuck all those people, they get what they deserve.” I’m not sure your clarification helps.

Never mind this graphic. Yet, People in Florida continue to live in areas affected by hurricanes and floods.

fema-allocated-most-money-2017-2020_jywuaw

It sounds like you are saying “fuck all those people, they get what they deserve.” I’m not sure your clarification helps.

I’m saying fuck people who want to fuck over other people rather than incentivizing the fuckers.

The beatings will continue until morale improves. That is certainly the way we should operate a country.

The beatings will continue until morale improves. That is certainly the way we should operate a country.

You want the beaters to determine who gets to be in a United States and when on a case-by-case basis. I want to take them out of the process and give everyone local direct access to federal resources.

Is there any real point to suggesting that post offices be converted to disaster relief centers ? Do you really believe that ? Do you think the USPS doesn't efficiently use that space ? Do you think there's really any chance of that ever happening ?

Maybe suggest that they set up a permanent FEMA disaster relief center in every city in Florida over 75,000 people because that's where all the money goes. And Rick Scott and Mario Rubio would definitely vote for it.

Is there any real point to suggesting that post offices be converted to disaster relief centers ? Do you really believe that ? Do you think the USPS doesn't efficiently use that space ? Do you think there's really any chance of that ever happening ?

Maybe suggest that they set up a permanent FEMA disaster relief center in every city in Florida over 75,000 people because that's where all the money goes. And Rick Scott and Mario Rubio would definitely vote for it.

They could deliver timely pamphlets detailing out Rand Paul's thoughts on disaster relief

does any attempt for disaster declaration ever get voted down?

Paul does his grandstanding, but unlike with the Veterans Burn Pit fiasco, I don't recall Congress refusing a disaster declaration

FEMA says there were 120 last year

The Federal Government should open an abortion clinic in every post office.

I'm not talking about big FEMA tents and whatever out of post offices. I'm talking about office space and a permanent presence. Hire locals who know the area so it won't be the feds sweeping in and sweeping out.

The Washington Post seriously published an op-ed from someone complaining about the social media posts of unnamed "self proclaimed Democrats"?

it is only the democrats that are expected to show empathy. never republicans, they can be as terrible as they want...but democrats!

now i have the vapors!!!

Debate, discussion on nuclear energy
https://www.yahoo.com/news/experts-...ole-in-fighting-climate-change-095457513.html

France (nuclear) and Germany (solar, wind) have already chosen different solutions and received much different results. France has much cheaper and more reliable energy than Germany.

In my previous post, the guy who put solar panels on his house had an 11% decrease in energy generation year to year due to a rainier summer due to global warming. I don't think relying on an energy source affected by global warming is the way to get out of global warming. At least as a national policy. I'm fine for solar panels on houses; in fact, I'd insist on it if I lived in Texas.

What the hell is going on in this thread?

If a program is a federal program, and it exists, it should be used for all national residents. People being assholes and saying fuck them is a different conversation.

IMO national debate structures should be overhauled and state elections should get national debate platforms to point out this hypocrisy and increase politicians' reputational risk.

If disaster funding is on a case by case basis depending on where it happens and the politics of their senators, we don’t have a federal program that exists.

We need a federal program that doesn’t depend on party politics and directly serves the people as we address climate change and relating disasters.

Back