• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Newman Opting Out At UGA

This is what happens when you get involved with Wake football, everything turns to shit.

Assuming Daniels was in the process of beating him out?

Nah, Justin Fields was in Athens last week watching the scrimmage while his team can't play.

I posted on the other thread that Daniels isn't even 100% yet. Word is that Mathis is looking very good though.

This is why I'm about to the point where I wish they would just call the whole damn thing off. Players opting out, no fans, teams having to postpone games already due to Covid, almost half the FBS teams not playing anyway, just scrap it and come back next fall.

Nah, Justin Fields was in Athens last week watching the scrimmage while his team can't play.

I posted on the other thread that Daniels isn't even 100% yet. Word is that Mathis is looking very good though.

I would be shocked if Mathis ever starts for UGA, but you'd know much more at this point about his progression. Let's just say Ryan Day (and Ohio State fans) weren't particularly upset when he left. Pretty remarkable that he recovered so quickly from emergency brain surgery, though. Scary situation.

I'll only be mad if he says UGA on draft day and if/when he does his NFL intro.

I'll only be mad if he says UGA on draft day and if/when he does his NFL intro. Hopefully he's got enough respect for our coaches to at least acknowledge them.

It'll be funny when it says "UGA" while his draft video features him in a wake forest uniform exclusively.

We caught a break when this guy left ... we just didn’t know it at the time

Sage has almost two full seasons of tape to show the NFL and is a lock to go in the first 45 picks. Newman has tape 13 games of him throwing to Sage.

Last edited:
Sage has almost two full seasons of tape to show the NFL and is a lock to go in the first 45 picks. Newman has tape 13 games of him throwing to Sage.

Good point. Throwing to whatever bums are playing for UGA wouldn’t help him out much. He needs Wake or at least ACC level WRs to show off his skills. He messed up.

Back