• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Predict Clemson's first play

How about predictions for Wake’s first play?

Is this the Wake board or the Clemson one? A lot of pessimism on this thread.

I mean... we lost to Clemson 52-3 last year and they're returning two of the "top players in the nation" on offense according to national media (Trevor Lawrence and Etienne). That's as many players as I could name on any other ACC offense. I could very easily see a TD on their first play from scrimmage - I'd give it about a 15% chance. Granted, I'm setting the bar low in hopes that this Deacs team will exceed my expectations and I'll enjoy watching us get some stops and score a few times.

Yep....still don't understand his gross under-utilization especially last season.

Not really sure what else you wanted him to do? He finished with 1000 yards receiving and missed essentially 3 games last year. Without him we don't beat Utah St, probably don't beat BC due to all of his 3rd down conversions, probably don't beat FSU without those 2 wild grabs in the rain, and probably don't beat Duke without him going off that game, and would've won us the Cuse game if Sam throws a better ball. Unless you mean we under utilized him in terms of trick plays and/or gadget plays? I really don't know what else he could've done for us last season. He played so big for us last season. One of my all time favorite players.

Boogie sacks Trevor.
Fumble recovered by Deacons for an early TD.
Lawrence knocked out of the game.
Deacons win 40 - 14 (Claw opts to only go for 2 pt. conversions)

A fist decal gets loose, hits Lawrence in the eye, he fumbles, Bash recovers bouncing ball returns it for TD....

Etienne off left tackle for 5 yards.

I just looked at the first few drives of our last two games vs. Clemson

2018: Clemson's first play was a bubble screen to Rodgers for 1 yard; Clemson went 3 and out on their first two possessions, punted again on the third possession, got the ball for the 4th game with 6:34 still remaining in the first quarter, Etienne went up the middle for 59 yards and a TD as the first of their 9 TD's on the day

2019: Clemson defers, WF goes 3 and out and punts, Rodgers returns punt 53 yards, first play from scrimmage is Lawrence rushing for 10 yards, Clemson scores on its first two possessions on its way to 52-3

Back