Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 408

Thread: 2020 College Football Coaching Carousel: Sark to Texas

  1. #221
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,703
    Seems like Boise State has been consistently good but largely irrelevant during his tenure. Interesting hire.

  2. #222
    Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    DeacsATS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    9,178
    Quote Originally Posted by w84it View Post
    Brett Bielema record with Paul Chryst as OC: 60-19 (6 Seasons, 2006-2011)
    Brett Bielema record with Dave Doeren as DC: 28-11 (3 Seasons, 2008-2010)
    Brett Bielema record without Chryst or Doeren: 37-39 (6 Seasons, 2012-2017)
    It’s also kind of tough to split it up this way when the first two were at Wisconsin and most of the 3rd was Arkansas.

  3. #223
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Seems like Boise State has been consistently good but largely irrelevant during his tenure. Interesting hire.
    Agree, but Boise State’s irrelevance is due to being in the Mountain West, which is a dying conference with poor TV contracts, and marginal programs — hard to remember the good ole days of that conference with Utah, BYU, and TCU.

  4. #224
    Northwestern might be able to pony up a little more cash than Wake, but not that much, and I really am surprised so many people see it as a more desirable destination than Wake. Much like Wake, Northwestern football was pure trash up until the mid-90s. There is no history there outside the tenures of Fitzgerald and Gary Barnett. I fully expect that Clawson will not finish his career at Wake, and he seems too ambitious for Northwestern to be a logical step up for him.

  5. #225
    The Pumpfaker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,121
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacsATS View Post
    It’s also kind of tough to split it up this way when the first two were at Wisconsin and most of the 3rd was Arkansas.
    Yeah, why would I split it up between him having two stellar coordinators that were chosen by the AD and him having a rotating cast of clowns that he got to pick himself.

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Seems like Boise State has been consistently good but largely irrelevant during his tenure. Interesting hire.
    Besides their blue field, when I think of Boise State I think of the Statue of Liberty play to beat Oklahoma a few years back. Great play!

  7. #227
    The Pumpfaker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,121
    Terry Bowden to ULM

  8. #228
    Amazing how Terry Bowden's career has fallen off a cliff.

    Hard to believe that he was the only Power V coach to go undefeated in his debut season in 1993 (beating LSU, Florida, UGA and Bama among others) when Auburn went 11-0. He ran is his college winning streak to 20 straight games in 1993-4. By 1997, he was clinging to coeds with eyes glazed in Auburn bars. He was fired by Akron (perhaps the worst D1 program in the country) in 2018. Dabo made a pity hire in 2019, and now, ULM.

  9. #229
    U of Arizona hires Jedd Fisch.

    Definitely off the radar: Fisch's only experience as a HC was 2 games at UCLA in 2017 after the Bruins fired Jim Mora. Otherwise, Fisch has been an NFL assistant coach for 13 of the last 18 years, most recently, he was the QB coach of the Patriots this past season. NE's QB play has been spotty at best.

  10. #230
    The Pumpfaker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Peak, bitches
    Posts
    2,618
    NM

  11. #231
    The Pumpfaker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Peak, bitches
    Posts
    2,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard View Post
    Amazing how Terry Bowden's career has fallen off a cliff.

    Hard to believe that he was the only Power V coach to go undefeated in his debut season in 1993 (beating LSU, Florida, UGA and Bama among others) when Auburn went 11-0. He ran is his college winning streak to 20 straight games in 1993-4. By 1997, he was clinging to coeds with eyes glazed in Auburn bars. He was fired by Akron (perhaps the worst D1 program in the country) in 2018. Dabo made a pity hire in 2019, and now, ULM.
    Bowden actually has a pretty good record.

    Auburn 47-17-1
    North Alabama 29-9
    Akron 35-52 w/ 2 bowls and a win over Northwestern in his final season

    My opinion is he is the victim of a couple of ADs' quick triggers.

  12. #232
    Broderick Hicks
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Providence, RI
    Posts
    3,451
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekin View Post
    Besides their blue field, when I think of Boise State I think of the Statue of Liberty play to beat Oklahoma a few years back. Great play!
    Different coach. It may make you feel old to look up when that play occurred.

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by deacdixieboy View Post
    Different coach. It may make you feel old to look up when that play occurred.
    And then that coach chased the dollars to Colorado and failed miserably— not sure why, he built Boise State.

  14. #234
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,703
    Quote Originally Posted by deacdixieboy View Post
    Different coach. It may make you feel old to look up when that play occurred.
    I watched that play at a club on South Beach the night before the Orange Bowl like probably dozens of us.

  15. #235
    The Pumpfaker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,121
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasDeac1 View Post
    And then that coach chased the dollars to Colorado and failed miserably— not sure why, he built Boise State.
    Nope.

    You're thinking of Dan Hawkins, who left Boise State for Colorado after 2005. Chris Petersen was the coach when Boise State beat Oklahoma and he stayed until 2013, after which he took the Washington job (from which he retired after last season).

  16. #236
    Quote Originally Posted by deacdixieboy View Post
    Different coach. It may make you feel old to look up when that play occurred.
    I know it was a different coach and was a ‘few’ years ago. Just didn’t remember exactly when.
    Recently saw a feature in the top 10 plays ever in college football. This was one of them. And, of course, Flutie’s Hail Mary against Miami.

  17. #237
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekin View Post
    I know it was a different coach and was a ‘few’ years ago. Just didn’t remember exactly when.
    Recently saw a feature in the top 10 plays ever in college football. This was one of them. And, of course, Flutie’s Hail Mary against Miami.
    The best part is there was the hook and lateral AND the statue of liberty in this game. Nuts.

  18. #238
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,703
    I just watched a clip of the book and ladder to send it into OT. The announcer said, “I have seen it all now.” Nope. The statue of liberty put it over the top. Great game.

  19. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacDaddy View Post
    The best part is there was the hook and lateral AND the statue of liberty in this game. Nuts.
    On back to back plays. 👍

  20. #240
    Then the dude proposed to a cheerleader.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •