• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 College Football Coaching Carousel: Sark to Texas

Kirby’s inability to win anything that matters sounds like this other coach known as Mark Richt.

UNC couldn’t even cover +10 with a 27-20 lead in the 4th quarter. You HATE to see it.

Interesting how we were the only major college bball team to make a coaching change in the pandemic but you’ve had a few heavy hitters in football. Yes we’re further along but the impact has been felt more.

Texas also let a lot of athletic department employees go a month or so into the pandemic, essentially claiming money was tight. Meanwhile, they’ll be paying coaches almost $40 million not to coach for them. Just doesn’t sit right.

Texas $$$$ won’t go to hiring people. It goes to firing people.

If I am not mistaken, doesn’t Herman get half or full buyout in 30 days per Texas labor law?

Mullen intersted in NFL

“Coaching news….Dan Mullen of the college ranks is open to going to the pros as is Pat Fitzgerald. Ryan Day of Ohio State has no intention of interviewing with NFL teams,” Schefter said on NFL Countdown.

Iowa State's Matt Campbell, Michigan's Jim Harbaugh and Mullen were mentioned among a list of candidates by insiders Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero on Saturday, along with NFL coordinators Eric Bieniemy of the Kansas City Chiefs, Colts defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus, Ravens defensive coordinator Don "Wink" Martindale, Titans offensive coordinator Arthur Smith and Rams defensive coordinator Brandon Staley.

https://247sports.com/Article/Dan-M...rida-Gators-coach-carousel-firings-158429823/

Jaguars looking at Urban Meyer. If that doesn't work, they may look at Ryan Day.

Lincoln Riley was a hot NFL name the past few years. That still the case?

Jaguars looking at Urban Meyer. If that doesn't work, they may look at Ryan Day.

Is he healthy enough to go back in to coaching? Wasn't it something with cyst on his brain that caused him to step away from O$U and heart issues at UF?

so it sure seems like Texas was negotiating with Sark even before they fired Herman. That seems a little....um....sketchy or in other words, exactly how Texas runs things.

The Saban Coach Rehab Center is still open

The Saban Coach Rehab Center is still open

I was today days old when I learned that Adam Gase got his first coaching gig under Nick Saban. I'll add that to the list of reasons to hate Nick Saban.

I must be asked, could Gase beat Saban as head coach of the Jets ?

It’s quite possible someone could fail in the AFC East and be successful at Bama.

Lincoln Riley was a hot NFL name the past few years. That still the case?

He has unfinished business at OU. If he wins a natty, I think he could look to the NFL. People forget though that a blue blood job has more job security and better pay than an NFL gig, plus you don't have to live somewhere where the cost of living is ridiculous. Apart from the recruiting, which is largely delegated, I don't think the NFL HC gig has any advantage to a blue blood CFB coaching gig.

Back