Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 College Football Coaching Carousel: Sark to Texas

Quote Originally Posted by DeaconCav06 View Post
    Derek Mason out at Vanderbilt.
    The last nail was not getting that chick kicker a PAT or FG attempt.
    boorish ruffian

Broderick Hicks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheReff View Post
    Because they have $7 billion in their endowment and maybe are tired of losing, just like SC who already fired their coach, Michigan and a few others will be this year when they also fire their coaches. [Texas, Arizona, Tennessee, Nebraska, VT, Syracuse, Kansas and maybe a few more on this list of possibilities]
    My dude, thatís not how endowments work.

Broderick Hicks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hogan View Post
    If Vandy is tired of losing they should spend some of that endowment on upgrading their facilities, not buying out yet another coach (James Franklin notwithstanding), if that's even possible.

Hiring a new coach is not likely enough to make Vandy an attactive choice for potential recruits and I personally have no earthly idea why anyone would go there to play football. At least at Wake you're only probably going to get embarrassed once a year.
    My other dude, thatís also not how endowments work.

Rusty Larue
    Shocking that theReff doesnít get endowments.

Quote Originally Posted by DeaconSig View Post
    Shocking that theReff doesnít get endowments.
    Dude they have $7B, why not just get Saban?

Quote Originally Posted by deacdixieboy View Post
    My other dude, thatís also not how endowments work.
    Maybe you missed the part where I said ďif thatís even possible.Ē You must be really shitty at grading papers.

Iím intrigued by Wake fans arguing facilities over coaching.
    Letís get this done!

Mason seems like a good guy. But he hasn't had a winning season in six years and maxed out at three SEC wins. Not hard to see why they canned him.

Rusty Larue
    Mason is a pretty well-regarded defensive guy before Vandy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobacco Road View Post
    Iím intrigued by Wake fans arguing facilities over coaching.
    The reality is that recruiting is an armís race. Vanderbilt should already have some built in advantages by being in a major city but if the facilities arenít up to par recruits arenít going to come.
    Hungry

It's almost like they're taking all the TV money they make from SEC football and spending on a fucking baseball team.

Tom Allen at IU has a $17.5 million buyout, if anyone is interested.

I can't see the gastro scene in Columbia or Ann Arbor pulling Clawson away. However, Nashville on the other hand does have some superior dining establishments. Imagine if Vanderbilt brought him to the Pharmacy or Party Fowl, he would be gone.

Any chance Mason would come on and be our D-Coordinator? Could be nice.

The Athletic lists 20 coaches who could be candidates for filling current and/or possible vacancies. Clawson is not on the list. However, former Wake linebackers coach and current Notre Dame D-coordinator Clark Lea is on the list. As is Sean "Wakey Leaks" Beamer.

ETA: Link to article in the Athletic

Coaching Carousel
    Last edited by Deaconblue; 11-30-2020 at 01:08 PM.

Mike Elko turned down the Temple job last year and makes over $2 million as DC at A&M, but is definitely a possibility for a head coaching job somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Country Deac View Post
    Does anyone know if Dave Clawson likes country music?
    Disco Dan does.

I'm still mad we didn't keep the Wake/Vandy "rivalry" going. We have so much in common, are geographically close, and are traditionally cellar dwellers in our respective conferences. It also ended after getting thrashed by them during the best few seasons in their history.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonwolverine View Post
    I'm still mad we didn't keep the Wake/Vandy "rivalry" going. We have so much in common, are geographically close, and are traditionally cellar dwellers in our respective conferences. It also ended after getting thrashed by them during the best few seasons in their history.

I'm with you on this. Add one more game to the "Magnolia League" not to mention that it is a game against a school that is part of the SEC.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonwolverine View Post
    I hate playing Vandy. WF draws more fans/attention against almost every other opponent, including non-Power V schools. This is a game that literally no one GAF about and its always treated that way. Think about the best OOC games/experiences over the last 20 years: Ole Miss, Baylor, Stanford, Northwestern, Purdue, Indiana (even ECU). All of those series bring back some great memories and gave WF some good publicity/exposure. Despite playing the Dores more often than any of those other programs, the Vandy games all fall into the abyss of completely forgettable games (I distantly remember Grobe's last game as a WF coach may have come in some pathetic low scoring snooze-fest in Nashville that WF lost late in front of only friends and family; do we really need to re-live that again?). I really hate playing them (did I already say that?). We are a better program, and we can do a lot better than playing another meaningless series against them.

Disagree, we should be branching out and playing teams from other parts of the country to help with recruiting. We've played Vandy enough for a while. No more Vandy, App, Army, or Navy.