• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 College Football Coaching Carousel: Sark to Texas

He has unfinished business at OU. If he wins a natty, I think he could look to the NFL. People forget though that a blue blood job has more job security and better pay than an NFL gig, plus you don't have to live somewhere where the cost of living is ridiculous. Apart from the recruiting, which is largely delegated, I don't think the NFL HC gig has any advantage to a blue blood CFB coaching gig.

And here all this time you never told us you were related to Lincoln Riley. What’s his favorite food?

I’m sure NFL coaches are pretty concerned about cost of living.

Def worried about property taxes and housing costs. Would much rather stay in a shitty town with a low cost of living like Norman kissing rancher and oilman ass to get money for a new locker room.

4e714f78f1fa3a8b4688717dcc0643a1.jpg

I’m sure NFL coaches are pretty concerned about cost of living.

Maybe they don't think about it in their eagerness to sign a deal, but I'm honestly pretty flummoxed by these players who go off to NY or LA instead of Texas or Florida. They pay out the ass there in state taxes and for housing. It makes no sense.

But yes, even in most NFL towns, that should be a factor. Cost of living in Dallas is a lot more than it used to be, but still a lot lower than LA or NY. Cost of living in Norman or Tuscaloosa even less.

Maybe they don't think about it in their eagerness to sign a deal, but I'm honestly pretty flummoxed by these players who go off to NY or LA instead of Texas or Florida. They pay out the ass there in state taxes and for housing. It makes no sense.

But yes, even in most NFL towns, that should be a factor. Cost of living in Dallas is a lot more than it used to be, but still a lot lower than LA or NY. Cost of living in Norman or Tuscaloosa even less.

You don’t understand why rich people want to live in cool cities instead of in the fucking sticks?

NFL coaches basically live at their office so they probably don’t give much of a shit about their houses anyway

NFL coaches basically live at their office so they probably don’t give much of a shit about their houses anyway

I bet their wives do.

Jacksonville, Miami, and Tampa all offer waterfront living, year round golf, and no state income tax. What a shit hole destination.

I bet their wives do.

Jacksonville, Miami, and Tampa all offer waterfront living, year round golf, and no state income tax. What a shit hole destination.

Right but cost of living is probably not a concern when interviewing for NFL coaching jobs

You don’t understand why rich people want to live in cool cities instead of in the fucking sticks?

Dallas, Houston, Miami, and Tampa are the sticks?

Believe it or not, there are plenty of people who have no desire to live in "cool cities". Tax rates in NY, NJ, CA, DC, and even Minnesota are absurd. A guy making a million in a year is giving them 100k or more in taxes.

Dallas, Houston, Miami, and Tampa are the sticks?

Believe it or not, there are plenty of people who have no desire to live in "cool cities". Tax rates in NY, NJ, CA, DC, and even Minnesota are absurd. A guy making a million in a year is giving them 100k or more in taxes.

Yeah no shit. But you were incredulous at rich young black men choosing to live in big cities because of taxes.

On your list, Miami is the only place that would be on par with NY/LA for a rich young black guy.

Yeah no shit. But you were incredulous at rich young black men choosing to live in big cities because of taxes.

On your list, Miami is the only place that would be on par with NY/LA for a rich young black guy.

Nonsense. Dallas and Tampa have strippers just as good as those places.

I'd rather pay less in taxes, but the main advantage of being able to afford to live wherever I want is living where I want. Southern California is about as good as it gets for many people.

Is Dan “Show Cause” Mullen headed to the Falcons ?

It's cute that when your team loses to someone that they get a clever little nickname.

LoL, he earned it by committing recruiting violations. Florida was (finally) clean for 30 years until Mullen got there.

Muschamp turned down Sark's Texas DC offer.

Muschump will join his buddy Kirby in Athens by the 2022 season unless a G5 athletic director is stupid enough to give him another shot at HC.

Things are heating up in Gainesville... apparently Jimmy Sexton has positioned Show Cause Mullen on the short list for the Jets job.

CB and S coaches were fired but Todd Grantham (one of the few power 5 defensive coordinators that would not be an upgrade over Lyle Hemphill) is likely returning.

And OC Brian Johnson is interviewing for the Boise St job.

Back