• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 College Football Coaching Carousel: Sark to Texas

Muschump will join his buddy Kirby in Athens by the 2022 season unless a G5 athletic director is stupid enough to give him another shot at HC.

Muschamp will not be DC at Georgia before Dan Lanning takes a job as a head coach somewhere.

Okay. Go ahead. Is Georgia going to overpay for an unnecessary Associate Head Coach or is Muschamp taking over as a defensive secondary coach ? Or is Muschamp going to join the AD or become University President ?

I just want the scoooooooop !!!

Okay. Go ahead. Is Georgia going to overpay for an unnecessary Associate Head Coach or is Muschamp taking over as a defensive secondary coach ? Or is Muschamp going to join the AD or become University President ?

I just want the scoooooooop !!!

Normally one in Muschamp's position would take a "consultant" position for a year for like $25,000, while collecting all that sweet buy-out money....but apparently South Carolina didn't include a "duty to mitigate" clause in his deal, so any new money he earns doesn't offset his buyout amount (good job, Gamecocks!). So Muschamp gets the rare opportunity to double-dip with his next position.

So it sounds like Tennessee is a mess of a program. Remember when Fulmer sabotaged Currie’s HC search? Seems like that has worked out well for them.

So it sounds like Tennessee is a mess of a program. Remember when Fulmer sabotaged Currie’s HC search? Seems like that has worked out well for them.

Something like 16 guys in their program in the portal, per their boards. It's not like they have a new coach.

I just don't understand why someone would commit to play for Jeremy Pruitt as a head coach. Dude is a buffoon.

Something like 16 guys in their program in the portal, per their boards. It's not like they have a new coach.

Maybe one of those "million dollar arms" has more than a "50 cent head" and could fill a weak spot on the Wake roster.

I just don't understand why someone would commit to play for Jeremy Pruitt as a head coach. Dude is a buffoon.

I agree but he is gonna be tough to can especially after Fulmer gave him a raise before season started. He was 12-12 when he got raise. Seems UT is following the Gamecock model with Muschamp but a couple years behind.

I agree but he is gonna be tough to can especially after Fulmer gave him a raise before season started. He was 12-12 when he got raise. Seems UT is following the Gamecock model with Muschamp but a couple years behind.

You're right, but the problem now is everyone is sick of Pruitt, players are leaving, the administration is barely backing him, and you've got the dad of their best quarterback running his mouth in the media. When people start choosing sides it's more indicative of the start of a death spiral than a situation that Pruitt will recover from.

The Vols have been in the wilderness for 20+ years. Nothing that happens now really changes this although giving Tee Martin the keys would not be a bad idea. In fact it might be the only play they have.

The Vols have been in the wilderness for 20+ years. Nothing that happens now really changes this although giving Tee Martin the keys would not be a bad idea. In fact it might be the only play they have.

AKA the Nebraska - Scott Frost Strategy.

Here we go Brad !!!! Give me the scoooooooop !!!

seems like a bad day to announce news in the state of GA unless it'll be an unpopular choice. maybe it is Muschamp after all.

seems like a bad day to announce news in the state of GA unless it'll be an unpopular choice. maybe it is Muschamp after all.

As long as it's not Phil Fulmer it's a home run hire.

ETA: Just made the interim AD permanent.

AKA the Nebraska - Scott Frost Strategy.

Vols are really hurting for dough as Butch Jones just came off payroll and Pruitt would be on it for some time.

Martin or someone like him is probably all they can afford.

As an aside, Vols, Huskers, Wolverines are all totally irrelevant these days and probably not coming back. You can also throw Penn St in there as well.

Muschamp will not be DC at Georgia before Dan Lanning takes a job as a head coach somewhere.

Vols are really hurting for dough as Butch Jones just came off payroll and Pruitt would be on it for some time.

Martin or someone like him is probably all they can afford.

As an aside, Vols, Huskers, Wolverines are all totally irrelevant these days and probably not coming back. You can also throw Penn St in there as well.

Iowa State is relevant. Those programs will be back in due time.

I am enormously grateful to Pruitt for pulling Mike Penix's scholarship offer when he got the Tennessee job.

Back