• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 College Football Coaching Carousel: Sark to Texas

On back to back plays. 

I just watched the highlights of that game. It wasn't back to back plays, but pretty close. I remember watching the end of the game in Miami but I was too drunk and we were eating dinner at the time so I was only half paying attention. Super entertaining game.

Last edited:
Even more bonkers than I remember. Oklahoma down 8 with less than 2 to go. Scores and gets the 2 point conversion to tie the game. On the next drive, they pick off Boise State and run it back for a TD to go up 7. Boise State runs the hook and lateral (on 4th and 18!) with less than 20 seconds left to tie it and send it to OT. In OT, Oklahoma scores a TD on their first play to go up 7. Then Boise State scores, and instead of kicking the extra point they go for the win with the statue of liberty play.

Adrian Peterson had Oklahoma's score in OT.

And yes, this game will always be extra special to Deac fans because we were all filled with post-champioinship, pre-Orange Bowl buzz.

Yeah I believe it was the night before the OB. I remember watching it at a bar in South Beach.

Yeah, why would I split it up between him having two stellar coordinators that were chosen by the AD and him having a rotating cast of clowns that he got to pick himself.

Oh, I got your point. I wasn’t dismissing it. I’m saying it could be argued that Arkansas was a tougher gig than Wisconsin. And not nearly as good as a fit. I just think his style works better in the B1G than in the SEC.

He’s not a home run, but he can make Illinois respectable.

I’m generally against retread hires, but I think Illinois could have done a lot worse.

The hire looks better in context of the Auburn and Arizona hires. Maybe coaches aren't eager to move this year.

Nope.

You're thinking of Dan Hawkins, who left Boise State for Colorado after 2005. Chris Petersen was the coach when Boise State beat Oklahoma and he stayed until 2013, after which he took the Washington job (from which he retired after last season).

"Go play intramurals brother, go play intramurals".

our old friend Pete Lembo got hired as an assistant at South Carolina under Shane Beamer. His career has not been as bright as Dave Clawson since they were the two names linked to the Wake job.

our old friend Pete Lembo got hired as an assistant at South Carolina under Shane Beamer. His career has not been as bright as Dave Clawson since they were the two names linked to the Wake job.

He made some choices that ended up being bad ones.

$15 million to Herman and $24 million to the staff.

Luke Fickell only has a $4 million buyout that drops $500K per year.

Florida fires CB coach and Safeties coach but keeps DC Todd Grantham.

I understand that Sark's reputation and health have been rehabilitated, but that's a lot of cheese to pay just to hire someone with a career record of 46-35. Especially when the guy getting shown the door has a better winning percentage both overall and at Texas. Makes more sense to me that it's Fickell or someone like him, especially considering the timing with Cincy's season just ending yesterday.

Texas and Alabama have a home and home scheduled for 2022 and 2023. First game is in Austin.

Back