• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 College Football Coaching Carousel: Sark to Texas

I don't think Clawson is likely to be a serious candidate or that he is likely to leave but I do think the Illinois job is much better than you suggest. The recruiting footprint isn't bad when you think about the other teams in the B1G West. Who in that division has a better one? Certainly not Nebraska or Iowa. NW is a better location but it's limited my admissions. Purdue, Wisconsin and Minnesota have no obvious geographic recruiting advantage.

Plus, Illinois just last year opened an $80m football facility that according to Tom Luginbill is one of the 5 best he's seen. https://fightingillini.com/faciliti...50 square,for recruiting and prospect hosting.

And as consistent as Wisconsin and Iowa have been, it's not like you have to get past OSU or PSU or Michigan to win that division. If Illinois hires the right coach, there's no reason it can't be relevant in that division. Their last 3 hires, Ron Zook, Tim Beckman and Lovie, were objectively awful hires.

I don't see a full indoor football practice facility.

I don't think Clawson is likely to be a serious candidate or that he is likely to leave but I do think the Illinois job is much better than you suggest. The recruiting footprint isn't bad when you think about the other teams in the B1G West. Who in that division has a better one? Certainly not Nebraska or Iowa. NW is a better location but it's limited my admissions. Purdue, Wisconsin and Minnesota have no obvious geographic recruiting advantage.

Plus, Illinois just last year opened an $80m football facility that according to Tom Luginbill is one of the 5 best he's seen. https://fightingillini.com/faciliti...50 square,for recruiting and prospect hosting.

And as consistent as Wisconsin and Iowa have been, it's not like you have to get past OSU or PSU or Michigan to win that division. If Illinois hires the right coach, there's no reason it can't be relevant in that division. Their last 3 hires, Ron Zook, Tim Beckman and Lovie, were objectively awful hires.

Clawson interviewed in Indy yesterday, fwiw.

Clawson interviewed in Indy yesterday, fwiw.

tenor.gif

New poster who signed up 3 years ago delivers some major scoop?

Do we get to ask questions like in "Who am I." I'll go first, are you a former US President?

Yes, next question.

I'm nobody significant other than I know that Clawson interviewed in Indianapolis yesterday along with a few other candidates, and I was here the last time Illinois and WF were involved with each other. That said, I think you guys are likely safe at the moment.

Yes, next question.

I'm nobody significant other than I know that Clawson interviewed in Indianapolis yesterday along with a few other candidates, and I was here the last time Illinois and WF were involved with each other. That said, I think you guys are likely safe at the moment.

Hot damn, I'm getting close. Ok, do you like cigars, but don't smoke them?

(If this one comes back yes, the next question is going to be about blue dresses and the case may be solved)

Yes, next question.

Ayo Dosunmu, got it.

If Illinois is willing to keep throwing money at the problem they could come out of this with a good hire - I read that Lovie pocketed $6M last year, which would certainly be enough to grease the wheels for even a lateral move.

If Illinois is willing to keep throwing money at the problem they could come out of this with a good hire - I read that Lovie pocketed $6M last year, which would certainly be enough to grease the wheels for even a lateral move.

Damn. Yeah, makes sense Clawson would take a meeting to double or close to double his salary.

Back