• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Football Week 1 - Clemson discussion

This is the part of the black lives matter website that gets people up in arms. But you can’t read the second paragraph without the first. It’s some pretty important context for what they are talking about.

bbb7db0eb593301923a13b85de378010.jpg

Change the wording to...

We extend the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure to include supporting each other as extended families and villages that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, fathers, parents and children are comfortable.

Is that less threatening and objectionable?

Wording can make a difference. The fact that Black Lives Matter is the issue. It is a fact that needs to be acknowledged and accepted by our society and most specifically by the criminal justice system. It's not just bad cops. It's not just the police. The entire criminal justice system and American society have treated black citizens as disposable and expendable since the foundation of this country. It is well past time for this belief to end. The movement of BLM states that it is time to end NOW. I agree. Every other distinction is a barrier to that fact in one fashion or another. The quoted statement above is an example.

Don't miss the forest for all the trees.

This is the part of the black lives matter website that gets people up in arms. But you can’t read the second paragraph without the first. It’s some pretty important context for what they are talking about.

bbb7db0eb593301923a13b85de378010.jpg

This is the boogeyman: the fear of cis-gender, gay, and lesbian parents living and raising kids in a safe environment.

The reason they used the word "disrupt" is because basic respect and living their true selves without fear of being attacked or maligned has often taken remarkable bravery to insist on in all communities, but especially black communities. They wanted to ensure that LGBTQ black lives matter within the BLM protests and that the organization was inclusive. Full stop. In their experience, it took a disruption to fight for their rights to exist safely.

I try and respect folks religious beliefs. It is a constitutional right after all. The Unitarian church was the first to embrace BLM and that was because of their extensive support for the LGBT community early on. Their slogan for a while has been, "side with love."

Do you think supporting your community members as an extended family and helping to collectively care for them to the degree that they are comfortable with is a bad thing?

Seems like you are latching on to one phrase and spinning out your own meaning of it without trying to understand what the meaning behind the phrase actually is

Statistically speaking it fails children compared to the nuclear family.

BobHWS decided to nearer my last post saying “Go Clemson beat Wake”.

To you sir, you can go fuck yourself and I will say that to your face if we cross paths at a game down the road. You small minded dick head.

I’m sure Clemson doesn’t support black lives matters at all.....

Clemson running back Darien Rencher looked out into the crowd of about 3,000 people who gathered for a peaceful protest on campus Saturday evening after an exhausting couple of weeks with pride.

Protesters marched approximately two miles around Clemson chanting: “Black Lives Matter;” “No justice, no peace;” “Say his name — George Floyd;” and “Say her name — Breonna Taylor.”

Well shit now creepy photog Bob doesn’t get to cheer for anyone.

This is the boogeyman: the fear of cis-gender, gay, and lesbian parents living and raising kids in a safe environment.

The reason they used the word "disrupt" is because basic respect and living their true selves without fear of being attacked or maligned has often taken remarkable bravery to insist on in all communities, but especially black communities. They wanted to ensure that LGBTQ black lives matter within the BLM protests and that the organization was inclusive. Full stop. In their experience, it took a disruption to fight for their rights to exist safely.

I try and respect folks religious beliefs. It is a constitutional right after all. The Unitarian church was the first to embrace BLM and that was because of their extensive support for the LGBT community early on. Their slogan for a while has been, "side with love."

Interesting. I understand there exists a problem in black communities especially in Caribbean Cultures for example that LGBT people of color have had a difficult time. So Inclusivity has been a focus of the original BLM organizers. That makes sense.

Just checked my rep. Got this from BobHWS

"May as well discuss BLM instead of Clemson which will win big again"

Quit hiding in rep and come out and defend yourself you racist old chode

He got me too. I’d be hurt if I had any idea who the fuck he is.

He called me a racist and sexist for my post about children needing a mother and father figure to have the best chance in life. Well a black male is 10x more likely to end up in jail than one from a household with a positive father figure. I would not put all my eggs in the "village will provide everything necessary for a fruitful life". I won't post anything else after this post that is on this subject. I took this tread way off line. My apologies, and Go Deacs.

So how LOWF-2020 would it be for us to host Gameday, no Gameday atmosphere, no fans and then WHAT IF we pulled an upset ????

I couldn’t imagine harming another individual based on the color of their skin. Period. I just hate that you can’t post something remotely different than the majority on this board without being called a moron or donk or much worse. And I’m talking about points of view not including racism. Being tolerant should work both ways if people want to initiate change.

I couldn’t imagine harming another individual based on the color of their skin. Period. I just hate that you can’t post something remotely different than the majority on this board without being called a moron or donk or much worse. And I’m talking about points of view not including racism. Being tolerant should work both ways if people want to initiate change.

Bro, we post on a WFU message board. Let’s be real. We’re all donks. Don’t take it personally.

Same here. Trevor Lawrence is out in the forefront of social justice issues among college football players. Dude is doing work.

If you want more two parent households, support changes in our society that will keep more Black men in the dating pool, make sure they get paid good value for their labor, and have more capability to accumulate wealth.

Single moms aren’t simply single by choice. You all support policing and criminal justice that literally takes fathers away from their children and then blame the moms. Our players are looking out for our society. Stop this “Black Lives Matter, but” nonsense. You’re just thinly disguising your hate.

He called me a racist and sexist for my post about children needing a mother and father figure to have the best chance in life. Well a black male is 10x more likely to end up in jail than one from a household with a positive father figure. I would not put all my eggs in the "village will provide everything necessary for a fruitful life". I won't post anything else after this post that is on this subject. I took this tread way off line. My apologies, and Go Deacs.

How can someone acknowledge the point of overpolicing and mass incarceration and then complete disavow it?

And then he makes a clear distinction between a Black male and a male from a home with a positive father figure. It’s obviously racist to claim Black men can’t be positive father figures. Just stop.

Last edited:
Same here. Trevor Lawrence is out in the forefront of social justice issues among college football players. Dude is doing work.

If you want more two parent households, support changes in our society that will keep more Black men in the dating pool, make sure they get paid good value for their labor, and have more capability to accumulate wealth.

Single moms aren’t simply single by choice. You all support policing and criminal justice that literally takes fathers away from their children and then blame the moms. Our players are looking out for our society. Stop this “Black Lives Matter, but” nonsense. You’re just thinly disguising your hate.

I hope it’s ignorance or stupidity rather than hate.

Back